Home

Is ESPN taking away all the thunder.

This is a discussion on Is ESPN taking away all the thunder. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is ESPN taking away all the thunder.

Quote:

TwelveozPlaya21 said:
no way espn will never see time in my system, i don't even read previews from anything espn has.

Quote:

I dont care if EASPORTS sell only one copy of Madden 2005 this year. As long as am the one who will get that copy. LOL. ESPN isnt even in the same league as Madden. I think its great that us gamers has all these football games to chose from. I just believe chosing Madden is the right choice to make.

i love you guys. i don't know how i'd get through a day of work without you.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:06 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 21

No offense, Catman...but to say that "ESPN isn't even in the same league as Madden," even on a Madden board, just makes you look like a fool. Anyone who has watched any of the 10+ videos that have been released over the past couple of weeks, or who has played any of the VC football games dating back to the DC days, will know that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Catman24 said:
I dont care if EASPORTS sell only one copy of Madden 2005 this year. As long as am the one who will get that copy. LOL. ESPN isnt even in the same league as Madden. I think its great that us gamers has all these football games to chose from. I just believe chosing Madden is the right choice to make.

Well then here is a challenge to you. ESPN is a low risk deal. IT's only 20 bucks. Try it out and see what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #36
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

Man listen. I always buy both games every year. I have been buying NFL2K or ESPN Football ever since it came out on the Dreamcast. I always give this game a complete look at. I play a season and some games online. This game just dont hold my attention very long. It just get BORING. Yeah the presentation is nice. But I need gameplay. I believe this years Madden will have the best gameplay (as it always has), but also a better presentation. Lets not even discuss or compare the games franchise modes. Madden win this hands down. You guys can say whatever you want to (which you have the right to do that) but you are talking out of wishful thinking. You want ESPN to be the better game. But it just not and will never be the better game. Sorry.

p.s. Maybe you should start comparing ESPN with NFL FEVER or NFL GAMEDAY. Let the king (Madden) set on his throne in peace.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:45 AM   #37
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess this thread is right back to where it ALWAYS goes when discussing these 2 football games. Some people simply believe that just because something sells most, it has to be better. One of Sega's major problems has been trying to get through to the "close minded gamer". For more often tnan not, once people give Sega's game an honest look, it's so hard to go back to Madden. As others have stated, I too believe this is the reason for the price drop.
Bubba4
Old 06-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #38
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9

no one can say for a fact that ESPN is better than Madden or Madden is better than ESPN. it all depends on what certain aspects of the game you are looking for. everyone has their own tastes and opinions. so saying that one game is better than the other period is stupid. saying in your own opinion one game is better than the other is correct. please dont try to convince others about your opinion
Old 06-10-2004, 10:16 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

There must be some very scared Madden loyalist. Why not try ESPN??? $20 is the cost. If Madden had dropped its price to $20.00 the boards would be flooded as if Christ himself was here. There
are so many " closed minded " people on these boards. $50.00 vs $20.00. A fool and his money are
soon parted. I just can not understand why it is so hard to break away from the Madden mentality.
Will JOHN MADDEN himself visit and curse you and your family if you tried another game. Yes,
everyone has a right to his/her own opinion and if you like Madden better, good. I myself have bought Madden for the last 10 years. Every year giving EA my $50.

NOTE: what has EA done for me lately???......nothing. A closed mind is a dead mind.
Think before you speak......just one man's opinion
Old 06-10-2004, 10:32 AM   #40
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

morpheus007 said:
There must be some very scared Madden loyalist. Why not try ESPN??? $20 is the cost. If Madden had dropped its price to $20.00 the boards would be flooded as if Christ himself was here. There
are so many " closed minded " people on these boards. $50.00 vs $20.00. A fool and his money are
soon parted. I just can not understand why it is so hard to break away from the Madden mentality.
Will JOHN MADDEN himself visit and curse you and your family if you tried another game. Yes,
everyone has a right to his/her own opinion and if you like Madden better, good. I myself have bought Madden for the last 10 years. Every year giving EA my $50.

NOTE: what has EA done for me lately???......nothing. A closed mind is a dead mind.
Think before you speak......just one man's opinion

although a great deal, this really isnt about close mindedness. No one is being forced to play anything. you dont have to purchase the game. If someone is happy with madden, then let them play the game they choose. However you might feel about them not at least trying espn, the whole point is that they really dont have to. do they lose out? maybe, maybe not. if you are happy with your game purchases then just let it be.

people should stop trying to shove games down people's throats. People can make a purchasing decision by themselves.

well, at least some

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »