Home

extra yards

This is a discussion on extra yards within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
extra yards

This is my first post, but im a long time reader. Does anyone think Madden should include a button you could press when your getting tackled to stick out the ball to go for extra yardage. I'm sure the developers could come up with a nice risk and reward system for this feature. Let me hear some feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 08:24 AM   #2
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: extra yards

That would be nice, but it would have to be tied into some other attribute like "carries" or "strength".
Old 06-18-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

show16 said:
This is my first post, but im a long time reader. Does anyone think Madden should include a button you could press when your getting tackled to stick out the ball to go for extra yardage. I'm sure the developers could come up with a nice risk and reward system for this feature. Let me hear some feedback.

I believe ESPN added that, not sure how the attributes are going to work into it though.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

show16 said:

I believe ESPN added that, not sure how the attributes are going to work into it though.

ESPN has that feature??
Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

show16 said:

ESPN has that feature??

In ESPN this year you'll be able to fight through tackles by timing button presses properly. It won't be a 'sticking out the ball while going down' type thing though which would be very difficult to implement because its only workable with some animations as well as the rash of fumbles it should cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2004, 03:46 AM   #6
Rookie

I still think if the developers sat down and thought it out they could make this work. Also does anyone think this would change the way you play alot or a little.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

show16 said:
I still think if the developers sat down and thought it out they could make this work. Also does anyone think this would change the way you play alot or a little.

It's a feature that I would like, however, it's like everything else that Madden does... Playmaker, and Big Hit Stick. They WILL be overused, at least used over what you see in the real NFL.

Do you see 3 Playmakers before the snap on every play, and then 1 or 2 during the play?

No.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

show16 said:

ESPN has that feature??

not really. since 2k3 i believe there is a ball stretching animation. it's automatic when you dive near the first down or the goalline but there is no button to decide when you do or don't stretch. that would be more realistic b/c sometimes you may stretch to get in closer field goal range or just b/c you can to get the extra yard (if you know there's no chance of fumble when you stretch which should be part of the equation).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »