Home

The only thing holding Madden back is

This is a discussion on The only thing holding Madden back is within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
The only thing holding Madden back is

The PS2.

Ea needs to step up to the plate like ESPN, and write this games code for the superior hardware.

The High end PC's and the XBOX's in the world. Not a system with 4 megs of video ram.

If EA keeps writing this game for the lowest common denominator (PS2) and porting to the more powerful systems,what do you guys expect? You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

All that Sega (VC) has to do to get better reviews is up the anty and write code for the superior hardware. Which they have. Now it's up to the Money hungry EA to step up or shut up.

People there is a simple answer for every question. Why do people have to make things so complicated.

Sorry about the xtra post. I think this needed said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The only thing holding Madden back is

Madden has sold over 4million copies, how are they being held back
Old 06-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:

Klue516 said:

I agree and now that its on live, that will probably mean more sales.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

So you're saying that EA, which has absolutely dominated the far larger ps2 market, should now abandon that platform in favor of a system who's installed user base is a distant second? Sounds like bad business to me(or just more Xbox fanboy dreaming...).

Don't kid yourself, the only reason VC decided to program for the Xbox first was because their sales were stronger on that platform. If VC had stronger sales on the ps2, they would design for that system first.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:

Klue516 said:

I'll make sure to bump this post after all the major review sites review the 2 games.

I think they sold 4 million Yugo's too.

Madden is a great game if your into the same game for the entire gerneration of a console.

For a company that makes so much money as you stated. You would expect more.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yet a company with a selling point at 19.99 and hardly any backing is about to thump the kings head.

Does that seem right to you?

Here are last years reviews..What do you think this years reviews will bring?

Espn

Madden 2004
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:

coogrfan said:
So you're saying that EA, which has absolutely dominated the far larger ps2 market, should now abandon that platform in favor of a system who's installed user base is a distant second? Sounds like bad business to me(or just more Xbox fanboy dreaming...).

Don't kid yourself, the only reason VC decided to program for the Xbox first was because their sales were stronger on that platform. If VC had stronger sales on the ps2, they would design for that system first.

What are you saying.... ESPN could be better on the PS2 than the Xbox or PC. I didn't think so.

See the thing here is Madden could be way better on the Xbox and PC than it is on the PS2.

Do you see the difference here?

Hell, but why ask for anymore... LMAO
Old 06-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

Sturgis said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:

I'll make sure to bump this post after all the major review sites review the 2 games.

I think they sold 4 million Yugo's too.

Madden is a great game if your into the same game for the entire gerneration of a console.

For a company that makes so much money as you stated. You would expect more.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yet a company with a selling point at 19.99 and hardly any backing is about to thump the kings head.

Does that seem right to you?

Here our last years reviews..What do you think this years reviews will bring?

Espn

Madden 2004

WoW, you posted Reviews from one site

As much as i love the 2kseries, Madden has consistently pounded them in the rear over the last few years in the sales department.

And what is up with all of this king being dethrone talk? Do we not see this being posted every-year? When in fact, 2k has been the better game (my opinion) from the jump!

Get a life....please
Old 06-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #8
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

Sturgis said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:

What are you saying.... ESPN could be better on the PS2 than the Xbox or PC. I didn't think so.

See the thing here is Madden could be way better on the Xbox and PC than it is on the PS2.

Do you see the difference here?

Hell, but why ask for anymore... LMAO

Again, What the hell are you talking about

Madden looks really nice for the Gamecube, better on the X-box, and even better than that for the PC...No it doesn't look as good as ESPN but explain to me why Madden needs to make huge upgrades every-year when they own 80% of the football gaming market

Get a Klue!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »