Home

Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

This is a discussion on Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

OVR: 0
Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

I've finally solved the mystery of the fatigue slider for any Madden starting at Madden 13 and beyond. To get your players to sub out on their own when they're tired before they play themselves to injury like idiots. Just go to the game options window scroll down to the fatigue slider and max out to 100. Then adjust the positional subs to your preference and play on, player.

You'll notice the player will actually sub out when they get tired, like real life. So if your starting running back has a big run and you set a reasonably high sub out rating of like 80. He'll sub himself out until he rested to come back in at the sub in rating you set. To prevent the scrubs on your team from subbing in too often just lower you sub out rating for that desired position. I know someone on here has probably figured this out already. But it's new to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Mystery of the fatigue slider, solved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMellow
I've finally solved the mystery of the fatigue slider for any Madden starting at Madden 13 and beyond. To get your players to sub out on their own when they're tired before they play themselves to injury like idiots. Just go to the game options window scroll down to the fatigue slider and max out to 100. Then adjust the positional subs to your preference and play on, player.

You'll notice the player will actually sub out when they get tired, like real life. So if your starting running back has a big run and you set a reasonably high sub out rating of like 80. He'll sub himself out until he rested to come back in at the sub in rating you set. To prevent the scrubs on your team from subbing in too often just lower you sub out rating for that desired position. I know someone on here has probably figured this out already. But it's new to me.
Do the players not disappear in the 4th quarter? That is the key. I am able to get players to sub in and out properly, but half-way thru the 3rd quarter they leave and never return.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Do the players not disappear in the 4th quarter? That is the key. I am able to get players to sub in and out properly, but half-way thru the 3rd quarter they leave and never return.
They don't disappear. I use 80 sub out, 85 sub in. The players do take longer to sub back in towards the end of the game because they're tired. But they still come back once they've reach the 85 rested mark. I like getting game experience for my back ups in CFM. So I don't mind if they play an entire series towards the end of the game. But my starters always rotate back in once they reach the 85 rested mark.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #4
MVP

One problem with the high fatigue is the sloppy play. Many times most of your starters as well as the cpu starters are resting or are gone completely and the final stretch of the game is decided by backups.

I have tested a bit and can't deal with not even being able to manually sub in my starters late in the game (their name is not even on the screen as an option)
Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
One problem with the high fatigue is the sloppy play. Many times most of your starters as well as the cpu starters are resting or are gone completely and the final stretch of the game is decided by backups.

I have tested a bit and can't deal with not even being able to manually sub in my starters late in the game (their name is not even on the screen as an option)
I like the challenge. It forces the player to be more strategic in how they play offense and defense. On defense it makes getting 3-and-outs early that much more critical. Because it helps to keep your defense fresh for the 4th quarter. On offense it forces the player to be more strategic in taking deep shots.

Instead of the Roadrunner version of a WR, TE or RB running go routes all game and only loosing like 2% on their fatigue rating during the game. It also makes having at least a two RB rotation essential for an offense to avoid injuries and turnovers.

I put my injury slider to 5 so your player can take on an arm tackle while being really tired and not come up with a season ending injury afterwards. Just because a player may have run out of gas in the open field and is caught from behind. That shouldn't equate automatically to a season ending injury if the player didn't receive at least a solid hit.

Last edited by MidMellow; 07-15-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I like the challenge. It forces the player to be more strategic in how they play offense and defense. On defense it make's getting 3-and-outs early that much more critical. Because it helps to keep your defense fresh for the 4th quarter. On offense it forces the player to be more strategic in taking deep shots.

Instead of the Roadrunner version of a WR, TE or RB running go routes all game and only loosing like 2% on their fatigue rating during the game. It also makes having at least a two RB rotation essential for an offense to avoid injuries and turnovers.

I put my injury slider to 5 so your player can take on an arm tackle while being really tired and not come up with a season ending injury afterwards. Just because a player may have run out of gas in the open field and is caught from behind. That shouldn't equate automatically to a season ending injury if the player didn't receive at least a solid hit.
I like that idea too, however, if my best d line, WR, LBs, safeties, you name it are coming out and I don't even have the option to manually sub them back in, I get irritated.

I like the the strategic idea of it but it shouldn't take my players away completely!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Rookie

MidMellow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
I like that idea too, however, if my best d line, WR, LBs, safeties, you name it are coming out and I don't even have the option to manually sub them back in, I get irritated.

I like the the strategic idea of it but it shouldn't take my players away completely!
Just lower your positional sub in sub out rating requirement. As stated I use 85 in, 80 out. But depending on how you run your team. You may want to try 75 in, 70 out. The schemes you play with may be too aggressive to be sustained the whole game.

Just adjust the positional slider subs to fit your schemes. Teams like Cowboys, Seahawks or Patriots don't sub players the same way. They all sub players based on how and when they want to use them for certain situations. You probably need to learn to chew up clock with an above average run game or short passing game to keep your offense fresh.

Also you may want to improve on getting better at getting 3-and-outs on defense. I don't know what to tell you. I designed to sliders to be simulation so there weren't any Roadrunner players with boundless energy. Another reason I like the settings is it actually makes that stamina rating mean something.

Superstar players aren't only defined by their obvious athletic ability. They should have the stamina to be consistent all game. Players like Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders and J.J. Watt are prime examples. I only play 7 min quarters. If you play longer than that, try dropping the fatigue slider lower to account for quarter length.

Last edited by MidMellow; 07-15-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:09 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Just lower your positional sub in sub out rating requirement. As stated I use 85 in, 80 out. But depending on how you run your team. You may want to try 75 in, 70 out. The schemes you play with may be too aggressive to be sustained the whole game.

Just adjust the positional slider subs to fit your schemes. Teams like Cowboys, Seahawks or Patriots don't sub players the same way. They all sub players based on how and when they want to use them for certain situations. You probably need to learn to chew up clock with an above average run game or short passing game to keep your offense fresh.

Also you may want to improve on getting better at getting 3-and-outs on defense. I don't know what to tell you. I designed to sliders to be simulation so there weren't any Roadrunner players with boundless energy. Another reason I like the settings is it actually makes that stamina rating mean something.

Superstar players aren't only defined by their obvious athletic ability. They should have the stamina to be consistent all game. Players like Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders and J.J. Watt are prime examples. I only play 7 min quarters. If you play longer than that, try dropping the fatigue slider lower to account for quarter length.
Yes I agree with everything you have here, but for me with 100 fatigue, I set the in/out slider to 0/1 and they would still disappear late.

I do play with 15 min 12 acc clock, and I've always wondered if the fatigue auto sub system was designed to work with no accelerated clock in mind.....quite possibly why they are so messed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »