Home

Finally this Madden generation is soon coming to and end...

This is a discussion on Finally this Madden generation is soon coming to and end... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 10:19 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Finally this Madden generation is soon coming to and end...

With xbox 2 coming in 2005, and the others to follow, you know EA is going to come out with a new Madden engine for those consoles. Lets face it, here's how its been working:

Year 1 of engine: Amazing graphics, great gameplay, lots of gameplay flaws.

Year 2: Same graphics, fixed some flaws, roster update, update dynasty. 50 dollars.

Year 3: Same graphics (minor tweaks), fixed some flaws (some flaws from year 1 still present), updated dynasty, roster update. 50 dollars.

Year 4: Same as above...

At least since EA has only been tweaking the game for the last 2-3 yrs., we can assume that they are working on the next generation BLOWOUT engine. Enough of the tweaking and minor additions...bring on the next badass game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Finally this Madden generation is soon coming to and end...

I really wonder how good the next consoles are really going to be, I mean how much further can they push the graphics? I kinda have a feeling that for now the graphics have been maxed out and we won't see any huge improvements for at least 5-7 years.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

Xbox 2 I think is being rushed to get out. Madden can change it's gameplay and graphics before Xbox 2 comes out, but sadly they won't until it does.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:

Superstar said:
I really wonder how good the next consoles are really going to be, I mean how much further can they push the graphics? I kinda have a feeling that for now the graphics have been maxed out and we won't see any huge improvements for at least 5-7 years.

Madden will probably see major uphaul in 2007 since XBOX 2 wont see release until probably Nov 2005. I think Fever will see a major upgrade next year with its return and debut on Xbox2. I think MS developers with 2year cycle and more power and knowledge that SIM is the way to go will make a game very competitive with the big guys.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

bucs44 said:
Quote:

Superstar said:

Madden will probably see major uphaul in 2007 since XBOX 2 wont see release until probably Nov 2005. I think Fever will see a major upgrade next year with its return and debut on Xbox2. I think MS developers with 2year cycle and more power and knowledge that SIM is the way to go will make a game very competitive with the big guys.

I really think that is why MS studios took the year off this year. To put 2 full years into a product they know will be coming out on a new next gen console and really try to blow the doors off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Superstar said:

If the new systems have the power to support them, the graphics will most likely be cgi quality.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:21 PM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

Superstar said:

If the new systems have the power to support them, the graphics will most likely be cgi quality.

Thats what I'm thinking. I believe the graphics will defitnitly see a major overhaul as it was when the conversion was made from PS1 to PS2. CGI really does seem like a good option for the next-gen systems. More fluid, lifelike animations and player realness.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I gave madden 04 another chance yesterday I found it in the gamestop for 20 bucks used and I must say: the gameplay in 04 is pretty bad. Its time for a change I always thought that the game was scripted you can kind of tell when something is going to happen for example: I was playing defense and I put the controller down because I was trying to grab a cookie I was up 14 points with about 30 seconds left in the first half so when I put the controller down real wouck the computer ran a pass play which was a 5yrd out pattern my db intercepted the pass and ran it back for a touchdown. The funny thing is I wasnt controlling it and my db juked and did a straight arm and I put the controller down then at the end of the run he highstepped into the endzone. I think ea wants you to watch a footballgame while espn wants you to play one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »