Home

I hope Madden sells LESS this year...

This is a discussion on I hope Madden sells LESS this year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
I hope Madden sells LESS this year...

than ESPN. EA needs to get off their butt, and make this game back to the way it used to be, back in the day. Fun to play. There is NO reason that NCAA series should be this much better than Madden every year. ESPN has 4X's the amount of teams which means 4X's as many stadiums, players, etc. NCAA has alot more commentary as well than does Madden. So therefore it obvious EA doesnt used care to use more disc space to make Madden better.

I dont care how much you love Madden there is no excuse for this game to not be better in every aspect than NCAA and ESPN, especially the former since Madden has more leftover disc space. Back in the day Madden used to be fun to play defense on, and now it seems as if its just offense all the time. I have never been an ESPN fan, I only bought it once and returned it at that, but I hope they outsell Madden big time this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I hope Madden sells LESS this year...

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
than ESPN. EA needs to get off their butt, and make this game back to the way it used to be, back in the day. Fun to play. There is NO reason that NCAA series should be this much better than Madden every year. ESPN has 4X's the amount of teams which means 4X's as many stadiums, players, etc. NCAA has alot more commentary as well than does Madden. So therefore it obvious EA doesnt used care to use more disc space to make Madden better.

I dont care how much you love Madden there is no excuse for this game to not be better in every aspect than NCAA and ESPN, especially the former since Madden has more leftover disc space. Back in the day Madden used to be fun to play defense on, and now it seems as if its just offense all the time. I have never been an ESPN fan, I only bought it once and returned it at that, but I hope they outsell Madden big time this year.

Well, if you've been reading up on Madden, the focus this year was defense, so take it as you will...
Old 06-25-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Well from what I've heard from the others who have seen the gameplay videos they say teh "lob and catch regardless of who's around" is still in the game.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

dump's Arena

OVR: 2

well ESPN looks solid this year... I don't know how that will affect Madden 2005 sales at the retail counter, but what's been proven time and again is that competition is good for the consumer.

We'll see a stronger madden for 2006 - I have no idea how improved 2005 will be, but this year I'm looking forward to playing ESPN 2k5 moreso than madden... we'll see.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #5
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I dont think Madden wil sell less, especially with the collectors edition around. I do however think that ESPN will double its sells from last year creating a bunch of more converts. I also think the competition this year will be fierce as ESPN is putting all they're cards on the table and Madden is just scratching the service. I think next year or maybe even 2 years from now, these 2 games will be in a dead lock for first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

dump's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Graphik said:
I dont think Madden wil sell less, especially with the collectors edition around. I do however think that ESPN will double its sells from last year creating a bunch of more converts. I also think the competition this year will be fierce as ESPN is putting all they're cards on the table and Madden is just scratching the service. I think next year or maybe even 2 years from now, these 2 games will be in a dead lock for first place.

when the next gen systems come out, it's an entirely NEW ballgame imo.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:43 PM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

dump said:
Quote:

Graphik said:

when the next gen systems come out, it's an entirely NEW ballgame imo.

Exactly.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

this whole focus on defense is a real issue for me, if you only focus on one part of the game and small updates on the rest, we should be able to focus on a lower price for the game. have the game gets upgraded it should be a free download or at least have the price. Now that his game is xbox live they should be able to just update the game with that [censored].

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »