Home

Not Impressed with videos from IGN

This is a discussion on Not Impressed with videos from IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Dr_Doom_98's Arena

OVR: 2
Not Impressed with videos from IGN

I cant believe that after 15 yrs ... the Madden series still cant get fundamental football right. Lets start wtih the most recent IGN videos. Now I know they were just of the online mini game..the rush attack but there are still obvious flaws. Lets start with the most disappointing thing..THE FREAKING FULL Back. Who is he blocking. On the first run he block pretty well. ALll that follow...flat out stank. THere is one point in the video where the fb runs ahead to block, doesnt touch the lb turns around and runs back past the rb and then comes back forward to aid the runner in being tackled. THen there is this one that i love. Towards the end of the video u see the fb back look to engage a lb who has gone ten yards to the right around the moving pylons and is completely out of the play instead of blocking one of the two lbs waiting to tackle the runner who now is completely exposed. IF this simple fundamental thing cant be fixed...that lets me know that this is going to be another roster update with some defensive tweeaks. FIX THIS EA. You have two months left. If anyone else has seen this video and disagrees..please respond and telll me what u think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Not Impressed with videos from IGN

no, they don't have 2 months left. this game is basically done right now. they are perhaps putting the finishing touches on certain things, but the meat and potatoes of the game will not change in the next month-month and a half.

first off, we don't know what difficulty setting its on.

secondly, no football game will EVER be perfect. i realize this is "fundamentals", but it's not that big of a deal. full back blocking has never been amazingly accurate in any football game, just deal with it. it's not on my list of top 10 fixes.

lastly, try to just enjoy the game for what it is. i know you want the game to be great, but you and i and everyone else (who isn't EA) are simply speculating on what the final version will be like. let the cards fall where they may, rent the game if you feel uneasy about dropping 50 bones on it, and go from there.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I disagree blocking and line play is the most important part of football. the lack of realism in maddens blocking and line play is the reason why the game feels so arcadey to me. The ridiculous amounts of pancakes and blockers getting put on their buts is wrong. Blockers seem to randomly pick from a group of players the absolute worse person to try to block, and its almost always some guy that is completely out of the play. and its not just fullbacks pulling gaurds are a joke you know i could go on for days this is the main reason i switched to ESPN which still has some blocking problems but they havent had the same ones for the last 5 years
Old 06-26-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

u guys kill me with the ultimate breakdown of 1 video.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Spin said:

Tell me about it man...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

what other videos are there? exactly.

He is right though.. the blocking AI stinks. period.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Quote:

Spin said:

Tell me about it man...

This is what happens when you show video. Wait to madden starts showing gameplay video, people r going to be breaking down the videos even more. Comes with the territory
Old 06-26-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Dr_Doom_98 said:
I cant believe that after 15 yrs ... the Madden series still cant get fundamental football right. Lets start wtih the most recent IGN videos. Now I know they were just of the online mini game..the rush attack but there are still obvious flaws. Lets start with the most disappointing thing..THE FREAKING FULL Back. Who is he blocking. On the first run he block pretty well. ALll that follow...flat out stank. THere is one point in the video where the fb runs ahead to block, doesnt touch the lb turns around and runs back past the rb and then comes back forward to aid the runner in being tackled. THen there is this one that i love. Towards the end of the video u see the fb back look to engage a lb who has gone ten yards to the right around the moving pylons and is completely out of the play instead of blocking one of the two lbs waiting to tackle the runner who now is completely exposed. IF this simple fundamental thing cant be fixed...that lets me know that this is going to be another roster update with some defensive tweeaks. FIX THIS EA. You have two months left. If anyone else has seen this video and disagrees..please respond and telll me what u think.

man ur crazy breaking down a damn video just wait till it's friggin out before bashing the game is that too hard to do and besides it's the mini camp not in a real game and ur still obssesed with breaking down a video jeez people have to grow up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »