Home

Madden 2005 review - Offiial Playstation Magazine

This is a discussion on Madden 2005 review - Offiial Playstation Magazine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 2005 review - Offiial Playstation Magazine

Read this from the Playstation.com forum site.....from someone who has the newest mag.

Score 4.5 out of 5. (90%)

Review quotes:

"so does Madden NFL 2005 feature anything so significant that it changes the way you play the game? Well...not really"

"I'm just not sure if its worth 50 bucks if you already have last years edition"

"the hit stick causes many fumbles. possibly too many"

"Nothing so innovative that it revolutionizes gameplay"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 2005 review - Offiial Playstation Magazine

Have to wonder how much of the build they have....magazine reviews never have a good build.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Triggerfish said:
Have to wonder how much of the build they have....magazine reviews never have a good build.

Probably do have an early build. But as for the comments, he's stating the obvious. There is'nt much new to the game besides the hit stick. I wonder if whoever did the review talked about the Defense AI.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

If that's the case then why did they give the game a 4.5 out of 5? I mean how many games do you know of receive a 4.5 rating and not be worth the price?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

I mean how many games do you know of receive a 4.5 rating and not be worth the price?

1, John Madden Football. Or any other game with "EA Sports" on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I rarely base games off of reviews..especially games that I like..I doubt a magazine would rate a game 4.5 if its the same as last year with no upgrades like the person said...
Old 06-28-2004, 10:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Like I've said a million times before (not necessarily here), why do people put so much faith in another persons opinion? I mean if you have even a small interest in a game why not try it for yourself? There are numerous ways to rent games these days. Maybe if gamers stop putting so much faith in theese talking heads we might not have to sort through so much baised garbage. And this is just for games in general, not just Madden or ESPN. Who knows how many great games you might have missed out on because some idiot gave the game a scathing review.

Do yourselves a favor, form your own opinions.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Who knows how many great games you might have missed out on because some idiot gave the game a scathing review.

Who knows how many times has a review or "group of reviews" have saved you from buying a game that sucks.

Its not like ppl buy games off just 1 review. It takes a group of reviews to justify a purchase from a consumers standpoint. If you do proper research, you can save yourself 50 dollars instead of going out and buying a game and finding out you wasted your money. You'd rather do the research before buying a car would'nt you? Instead of wasting a few thousand dollars and "forming" your own review.

And I'm not talking about just this one OPM review, I'm talking about reviews in general. People always say that we should'nt buy games or put trust in a review when these very reviews provide you with insight into the game to justify whether you shell out 50 bucks or not. 50 bucks is alot of money to some ppl so if you're a smart consumer, you should'nt take these reviewers as "talking heads". You should look at them as financial advisors.

My point is that nobody wants to put trust into reviews and reviewers(especially certain site and mags) because they believe they have a bias. Even if they do, it all depends on you and your bias' to ethier be with them or against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »