Home

Madden will be better online for Xbox

This is a discussion on Madden will be better online for Xbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:28 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden will be better online for Xbox

Quote:

OHguy00 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

MVPlaya said:
And don't forget, everything is broadband.

The vast majority of PS2'ers are too. And I have a couple of friends who use dialup and we play games just fine (their dialup is good). I know this is a bragging point of XBox but in a way it's actually a handicap.

Explain to me how that is a handicap. If we had people with dialup on XBL then there would be lag in every game. I haven't experienced too much lag in the games I've played on XBL.

You're wrong because not all dialup is bad. And here is how it is a handicap. 2 of my friends are on dialup. We play NCAA and Madden on PS2. It plays just fine, no lag. If the PS2 network did not allow dialup like Xbox doesn't we'd have not ever been able to play. That's why it's a handicap.

I know what people are saying in general though that they prefer there being no dialup people. However not all dialup is bad. Each system has it's own advantages. Not allowing dialup is both a good thing in that it assures everyone has broadband (although that in itself is no guarantee everyones connection will be good as I've had some games vs ppl on broadband who are worse than dialup) and a bad thing in that it is restrictive to a group which still is a minority in the gaming world.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:30 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

smalley said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
I'm pretty sure the XBOX version will allow you to create multiple user names.

No

Yes, since you have to log on to the EAsports NATION. You're allowed 4 different accounts.

Yes what he's saying is true. You only have one XBOX Live gamertag but that's not at all the same as your EASports Nation login name. Just like on PS2 you will have 4 of those and be able to create and delete them as will.

is this a prediction or do you have any factual eiveince that there will be 4 user names. all i have heard is that we will go into ea's servers after the live servers but does that mean that we will go into specifically ea nation's servers. because dont they have to get different servers to make it compatible with xbox any way?

Uhh, dude when you go onto EA's servers is when you choose a username and there are 4 slots. That's how we are sure. It'll work exactly the same as PS2's only we'll be portalling through XBox Live first is all.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:42 AM   #19
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

smalley said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
I'm pretty sure the XBOX version will allow you to create multiple user names.

No

Yes, since you have to log on to the EAsports NATION. You're allowed 4 different accounts.

Yes what he's saying is true. You only have one XBOX Live gamertag but that's not at all the same as your EASports Nation login name. Just like on PS2 you will have 4 of those and be able to create and delete them as will.

is this a prediction or do you have any factual eiveince that there will be 4 user names. all i have heard is that we will go into ea's servers after the live servers but does that mean that we will go into specifically ea nation's servers. because dont they have to get different servers to make it compatible with xbox any way?

Uhh, dude when you go onto EA's servers is when you choose a username and there are 4 slots. That's how we are sure. It'll work exactly the same as PS2's only we'll be portalling through XBox Live first is all.

again how do you KNOW that this is the way it is gonna work. just because it is that way in ps2 does not mean it is going to be on xbobx. and just because it goes to ea servers does not specifically mean that it will be part of ea nation. is'nt ea nation some deal only for the ps2?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:18 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

again how do you KNOW that this is the way it is gonna work. just because it is that way in ps2 does not mean it is going to be on xbobx. and just because it goes to ea servers does not specifically mean that it will be part of ea nation. is'nt ea nation some deal only for the ps2?

EA Nation is not exclusive to PS2, where have you ever come to that conclusion? The only reason it's had PS2 users on it (and aren't PC people on it as well?) till now is because Gamecub isn't online and Microsoft and Sega couldn't work out the details on the $ sharing and technical details of the system. No one has ever stated EA Sports Nation is a PS2 exclusive deal, it's just always been that way because of the absence of the other 2 consoles for various reason.

And how do I know? Well know one knows truly at this point but it's rather logical and here is why. For starters, because i've seen screenshots of online for both systems and they are all the same (although I'm not claiming i've seen xbox login witht he 4 accounts). EA has the network for PS2 and it has existed for quite some time now. I very seriously doubt they're going to design a whole new, separate system and set of servers utilizing a different login system and methodology for XBox. Also, they have already stated in several interviews that Xbox Live will only be a portal, meaning that the gamertag you use for logging in, the one that follows you around everywhere on Xbox Live will only be used to tie into that portal. That means you'll then be going into EA's network.

Aside from the very obvious fact that it's highly unlikely that EA will create a new system for the XBox and not simply utilize the one they already have had in place for years for the ps2, what would give anyone the idea that EA would design a better system that allows one usertag that cannot be erased or deleted like XBox Lives for the XBox if they have not done so in the past for the PS2? Especially considering that we all know EA has always been in bed with Sony and treated Microsofts system as an uglier second cousin. I can guarantee they are not going to be designing a separate and better system in regards to gamertags for the XBox as it would be a slap in the face to PS2 and make no logical sense to expend the $ and the effort.

But believe whatevr you like man, if you guys want to delude yourself into believing that EA will create a perpetual tag on the XBox despite it going against all logic and common sense then you go right ahead. You all will be the ones disappointed when you fire up Madden 2005 on the XBox on August 10th, log into XBox Live and come to the screen where EA allows you to create 1 of your 4 deletable logins.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 AM   #21
MVP

rocker78's Arena

well isnt it possible that the portal to the servers will take you right to ea natin. couldnt it just skip the ea login completely and just go by the live name. i dont think that the 4 names is or was a good idea. i would think that ea would change it when they have the chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 01:34 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

rocker78 said:
well isnt it possible that the portal to the servers will take you right to ea natin. couldnt it just skip the ea login completely and just go by the live name. i dont think that the 4 names is or was a good idea. i would think that ea would change it when they have the chance.

No because the 4 names is how you log in to EA Nation and are seen by other users. I agree it's not a good system in that it gives people permission to cheese, delete and start again, cheese, etc. But it's not changing this year. After all this *IS* EA we're talking about here.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:50 AM   #23
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:

No because the 4 names is how you log in to EA Nation and are seen by other users. I agree it's not a good system in that it gives people permission to cheese, delete and start again, cheese, etc. But it's not changing this year. After all this *IS* EA we're talking about here.

Exactly, you need to create an EA account to see ur stats on the easports website.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #24
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:

alright i got you now. i wasnt trying to start a fight or anything i just didnt understand why. thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »