Home

Madden will be better online for Xbox

This is a discussion on Madden will be better online for Xbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden will be better online for Xbox

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

OHguy00 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

MVPlaya said:
And don't forget, everything is broadband.

The vast majority of PS2'ers are too. And I have a couple of friends who use dialup and we play games just fine (their dialup is good). I know this is a bragging point of XBox but in a way it's actually a handicap.

Explain to me how that is a handicap. If we had people with dialup on XBL then there would be lag in every game. I haven't experienced too much lag in the games I've played on XBL.

You're wrong because not all dialup is bad. And here is how it is a handicap. 2 of my friends are on dialup. We play NCAA and Madden on PS2. It plays just fine, no lag. If the PS2 network did not allow dialup like Xbox doesn't we'd have not ever been able to play. That's why it's a handicap.

I know what people are saying in general though that they prefer there being no dialup people. However not all dialup is bad. Each system has it's own advantages. Not allowing dialup is both a good thing in that it assures everyone has broadband (although that in itself is no guarantee everyones connection will be good as I've had some games vs ppl on broadband who are worse than dialup) and a bad thing in that it is restrictive to a group which still is a minority in the gaming world.

are there any non broadband only games for the ps2 that support voice chat,every game on live supports it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

redhand said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

OHguy00 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

MVPlaya said:

The vast majority of PS2'ers are too. And I have a couple of friends who use dialup and we play games just fine (their dialup is good). I know this is a bragging point of XBox but in a way it's actually a handicap.

Explain to me how that is a handicap. If we had people with dialup on XBL then there would be lag in every game. I haven't experienced too much lag in the games I've played on XBL.

You're wrong because not all dialup is bad. And here is how it is a handicap. 2 of my friends are on dialup. We play NCAA and Madden on PS2. It plays just fine, no lag. If the PS2 network did not allow dialup like Xbox doesn't we'd have not ever been able to play. That's why it's a handicap.

I know what people are saying in general though that they prefer there being no dialup people. However not all dialup is bad. Each system has it's own advantages. Not allowing dialup is both a good thing in that it assures everyone has broadband (although that in itself is no guarantee everyones connection will be good as I've had some games vs ppl on broadband who are worse than dialup) and a bad thing in that it is restrictive to a group which still is a minority in the gaming world.

are there any non broadband only games for the ps2 that support voice chat,every game on live supports it

All EA Sports games do.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:49 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

redhand said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

OHguy00 said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

MVPlaya said:

Non-broadband only games? What the hell? You mean games for dial up users only? That doesn't exist, man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »