Home

how many not gonna use the hit stick

This is a discussion on how many not gonna use the hit stick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: how many not gonna use the hit stick

I'll use it. Sure I'll use it way more than I did the Playmaker controls. Plus I'm defensive minded....
Old 06-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
I'll use it. Sure I'll use it way more than I did the Playmaker controls. Plus I'm defensive minded....

I hear that. I barely used the playmaker. Cant wait to try the hit stick though.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm so gonna use it this new feature for the right analog stick for the ps2 is perfect then you can cream your cousin who comes to play or the cpu and feel good that u actually did a good nasty hit. if u time it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I will use it of course. I just hope that the risk/reward factor is really there. That way I'll use it as a safety knowing the corner has got the man but I'm just dropping by to serve lunch!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #13
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll definatly be using it. It should provide for a more realistic defense because as of now, I have to either just run into the guy or dive......and we all know that diving is just plain nasty because you usually end up biting the dust.....whereas just running into the guy provides the same damn animation each and every time (well, just about that is).
Old 06-29-2004, 01:04 AM   #14
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

I always liked being a Linebacker in Madden games, so I will definately benefit from the hit stick. I'll probably practice defense and use the hit stick a lot before I start using it in an actual Franchise.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:05 AM   #15
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

If it causes fumbles too easily, then there's only one thing that can be done -- rip out the right analog stick!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm just gonna say this and let it go, the hit stick is cool, if you are quick enough to pull it off. 1, you have to switch your defender to get there the ball carrier, in rapid succession you will have to flick the hit stick in the right direction to get the desired hit. Sorry Fetter to step on your toes, Cause I talked to the rep and 1 of the developers about the cumbersome task of pressing, a face button to switch and then applying the correct direction of the hit stick. My suggestion to him was to change the mapping of the buttons to the rt. analog stick a simple press to switch and click in the direction. He thought it was a better way too pull off the hit stick, simply because its so time based.

I've been saying this all along since E3, The way it stands right now its not implemented properly.

And, here's a link from gamespy that states the same. Unless EA changes it, you are going to be disappointed, think as to why all the E3 previews, no one got excited about it, just think.
http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/madden-.../523314p1.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »