Home

This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!!

This is a discussion on This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2004, 04:13 PM   #65
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!!

Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
yah but it's still july the game isnt done till it says gone gold they still have enough time to be tweaking stuff and improving stuff in the 2005 game what im saying is to complain about what [censored] isnt that good once the game is out and you yourself can judge what's good and what's bad about the game it's like automatically saying this book sucks when u havent even seen it yet or bought it.

I understand that your a fan of the Madden series (like myself) but when we can see something from watching a video we don't like, there is no need to tell us to wait for the game to come out before we cry and complain. And try to tone down the foul language, there really isn't any need for it, Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #66
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

d any of you [censored] play the game yet no so stop [censored] complaning until you got the damn game in your hands then say what sucks and what doesn't it's ******** bitching about a game when you havent played it.

Quote:

actually i wont stop people are *******es if you think the game doesnt improve at all everyyear cause it does i hope to hell that when it's out people will feel like jerks when there playing it and realising that it doesnt play at all like 2001,2002,2003,2004 then people will finally shutup about how ea doesnt improve [censored] all.

NbaStreet2 will now be taking a short vacation from our forums. Posts like the ones above are perfect examples of how to get banned or get a timeout from the forums.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

d any of you [censored] play the game yet no so stop [censored] complaning until you got the damn game in your hands then say what sucks and what doesn't it's ******** bitching about a game when you havent played it.

Quote:

actually i wont stop people are *******es if you think the game doesnt improve at all everyyear cause it does i hope to hell that when it's out people will feel like jerks when there playing it and realising that it doesnt play at all like 2001,2002,2003,2004 then people will finally shutup about how ea doesnt improve [censored] all.

NbaStreet2 will now be taking a short vacation from our forums. Posts like the ones above are perfect examples of how to get banned or get a timeout from the forums.

Old 07-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

bk, you may want to explain exactly WHAT in the posts was the problem. many of us here know, but many will claim it's b/c he's backing madden since this is a ESPN site. you may not care (i wouldn't) but considering you added the quotes i'm guessing you were at least trying to show why...

deejay, you ignored what i thought was a very important and well thought out post. i'm too lazy to dig back and quote but the point is you can take any sports game, find the right group of people and make it play pretty realistically and enjoy it. this is especially true with games that are of the quality of madden. it's also true, as triggerfish stated, that any game will have it's group that will try to abuse as many ai glitches and bugs as possible.

during this time of year, us gamers are hoping that all games are making strides to make it as close to impossible as these developers can to have tricks to abuse glitches and bugs work in games. i personally think madden is one of the worse in terms of this AND that the developers don't do enough from year to year to try to change that.

when the game comes out, people that like it will like it and people that don't won't. if you have your core group you'll all agree on what to not abuse and all try to play realistically to have a great experience but you should still expect more. were they busy fixing some things that they ran out of time for others? that's a good excuse... i don't see that though. I want to play as many people as possible without worrying about them even HAVING THE ABILITY to beat me doing stupid, unrealistic things. the only thing i should have to worry about is them quitting. i play in my small group just like you but i'd love to do national tournaments, official torunaments, things for money, etc. but i'll never even sniff one of these options until the POSSIBILITY of "cheese" is gone and i don't see EA doing much of anything to make that happen and in ways it feels that they are going backwards. hearing the word "defense" from them finally makes it seem like MAYBE they're thinking about it but it still remains to be seen.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 18

the worse thing about madden is the ability to view each side of the field to see your receivers...i get outraged when someone does it to make me jump offsides

i get so mad...lol
Old 07-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

bk, you may want to explain exactly WHAT in the posts was the problem. many of us here know, but many will claim it's b/c he's backing madden since this is a ESPN site. you may not care (i wouldn't) but considering you added the quotes i'm guessing you were at least trying to show why...

I think the swearing and insulting everyone should be obvious enough. Before any starts the Sega site stuff, bear in mind I banned a user for bashing madden needlessly just yesterday.

Actually I have actually doled out more warning, time outs and bannings to the Anti-Madden folks in the last few weeks than I have the Anti-ESPN folks.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #71
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

I think the swearing and insulting everyone should be obvious enough. Before any starts the Sega site stuff, bear in mind I banned a user for bashing madden needlessly just yesterday.

Actually I have actually doled out more warning, time outs and bannings to the Anti-Madden folks in the last few weeks than I have the Anti-ESPN folks.

so you're a madden fanboy now?

j/k of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 06:15 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
Quote:

Rufio said:
Quote:

nbastreet2 said:
Did any of you [censored] play the game yet no so stop [censored] complaning until you got the damn game in your hands then say what sucks and what doesn't it's ******** bitching about a game when you havent played it.

Yes I've played the game before, it's called Madden 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004. We're not talking about a new game here. We know what to expect from the Madden series, and if the videos show that it's not fixed, then they won't be. What, you expect the video game fairy to wave her wand and the game issues will magically be fixed?

You're really bad at this whole debating thing. Just stop.

The game at its core plays like 2001 with changes in animations, game speed and AI. That's it. The additions that Tiburon always makes is to Franchise. Then they throw in stuff that we don't ask for, and fail to address the bigger gameplay issues correctly.

Can honestly tell me, that 2004 plays like a brand new game compared to 2001? Good God I hope not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »