Home

This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!!

This is a discussion on This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!!

Their are 20 new movies on ign.....but watch this one and you tell me who fixed what for this season?????

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles...7/vids_1.html#

I could've sworn I watched an interview and the dude from EA said..."don't even try dropping back 15 yards ...cause your gonna get smoked!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 12:39 AM   #2
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: This is why I worry about Madden 2005!!!

Someone on the thread about these videos and screens said they were in Rookie mode, which would certainly explain why he could do that.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Mintsa said:
Their are 20 new movies on ign.....but watch this one and you tell me who fixed what for this season?????

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles...7/vids_1.html#

I could've sworn I watched an interview and the dude from EA said..."don't even try dropping back 15 yards ...cause your gonna get smoked!!"

If you're talking about the GameSpot video at Tiburon Studios. The guy never directly answered the question, he just said "don't throw off your back foot or you'll throw INTs." That's the way it's usually been. The AI is just a little more aggressive now.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:40 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

You guys swear like videos base a hole game. Have you played it? NO.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you watched all of those videos you would have seen that 95% of the time when they went running out of the pocket and/or dropped back they either:

1. Threw an interception
2. Threw short
3. Had the ball tipped

Only a couple of those throws made it to the receivers, and the ones that did were because the receiver was wide open and not covered. The coverage looked really good to me, and every time they threw it into coverage it was picked off or batted down, which is how it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

First off its on Rookie
2nd off this isnt the final product what so ever
3rd off your not playing it.

I bet when it comes out, you try dropping back 20 yards and throw the ball, i bet you wont complete it.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Daudr said:
If you watched all of those videos you would have seen that 95% of the time when they went running out of the pocket and/or dropped back they either:

1. Threw an interception
2. Threw short
3. Had the ball tipped

Only a couple of those throws made it to the receivers, and the ones that did were because the receiver was wide open and not covered. The coverage looked really good to me, and every time they threw it into coverage it was picked off or batted down, which is how it should be.

the thing that frustrates me the most about the the videos is that the pocket is there. the offensive line is effective. the guys playing just have that drop back 20 yards and roll left/right thing going on.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Daudr said:

1. Threw an interception
2. Threw short
3. Had the ball tipped

the thing that frustrates me the most about the the videos is that the pocket is there. the offensive line is effective. the guys playing just have that drop back 20 yards and roll left/right thing going on.

Exactly, don't hate the game, hate the playa!

There was ONE play out of 20 videos where Delhomme threw that crazy TD. HOWEVER, nobody seems to want to acknowledge the fact that the player on DEFENSE blew it. Watch it again....watch who the player on defense is controlling...the watch who he switches to. And there ya go.

But listen people who wanna bash are gonna piss and moan the same things they always do. Do you really believe they would watch those vids with an open mind?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »