Home

20 new vids and 20 screenshots

This is a discussion on 20 new vids and 20 screenshots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 01:40 AM   #49
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 20 new vids and 20 screenshots

I really wanted Madden to come back to greatness (for my NCAA dynasty). This game looks way too much like the other versions of the game. Last Madden I bought was 2003 and it looks like I'll be holding out till the next gens.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:50 AM   #50
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well here is my opinions

I really came away disappointed by these videos. Yes some things were improved to some extent but it really looks like a rehash of last year's game in some ways. I can't quite put my finger on why I feel so disappointed by these vids.

I know what to expect with MADDEN's gameplay and such but it seems to lack that pizazz. I think I may have been spoiled by the media that's come out for ESPN. I mean if you put those two games side by side the average consumer would gravitate towards ESPN.

At least MADDEN still has the better off the field stuff but I really think EA and Tiburon need to do a complete overhaul of the game. The sooner the better.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:03 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

of course i can't comment on the gameplay. but this engine has got to go.the speed of the game needs to be fixed nobody moves that fast not even mike vick.they could at least put in a speed slider.slowing it down would at least allow us to see the great new animations(yeah right) looks like ncaa 05 for me.after years of putting up with this mess,ea sports are about to lose alot of customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 02:16 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

and there playing on Rookie, that it why in the videos they are still dropping back 20 yards and completing passes. I dont know why there on rookie. But EA said it wont happen on All pro

Whether it's on easy or hard....there is NO excuse for the dropback. All the money plays seem to be in the game but how the defense reacts to them still remains to be seen. All in all it looks the same...with some added fluidity and better lighting.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:27 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

why did'nt they get rid of the matrix replays.that movie came out like 5 years ago.that just goes to show their not trying to make changes.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:34 AM   #54
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

the replay isn't based on the movie it's based on the REAL NFL. you only see it in the SB (maybe playoffs?) b/c the equipment is so expensive but it's an NFL replay that has only been around for a couple of years. they use it in ESPN too.

i don't get why the fan cut scenes doesn't pan away 2 seconds earlier. the fans just disappear before they go back to the action. maybe that's an issue with the build.

as usual the game's in need of about a million more animations but also as usual the ones in there look very smooth. i like the guys bounce of the ground when they dive and miss.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

as a madden fan...i can honestly say those videos bored me to tears. the chances of me picking up this game are going down dramatically...but definitely going to get espn. man, can the commentary get any more boring? he's at the 5. touchdown. too bad...they have so much potential.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 02:49 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 6

You know what..Most of you guys should play online and then talk about the presentation..YOU WONT EVEN NOTICE IT....Madden sticks to the gameplay only...thats why "You" guys havent seen a major PRESENTATION overhaul....Im happy with the gameplay from 2004 but now with 2005 comming out with improved defense and other things this game will be hot..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »