Home

IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

This is a discussion on IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

Quote:

seanmac said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Looks cool to me...I like the angle. Guess we know the commentary isnt any better this year though. Game is on the line and they show no emotion at all.

They're national announcers, not a couple of local homers on the radio. They're not supposed to get excited.

Guess you dont watch football on tv then huh?

Your supposed to show emotion in the booth, not the same stale madden commentary each year.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:46 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm absolutely serious. You will not hear John Madden or Al Michaels yell at any time during their MNF broadcasts this year. They are national announcers and they are there to be impartial, not to have a rooting interest. They're certainly not there to yell out inanities like, "Touchdown, Kan-sas City!" That's for the local pudknocker radio team.

I've never really understood the whole bashing of EA's audio thing. To my mind it sounds much more like a broadcast than ESPN's (or maybe it just sounds like how I would prefer broadcasts to sound).
Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 AM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

seanmac said:
I'm absolutely serious. You will not hear John Madden or Al Michaels yell at any time during their MNF broadcasts this year. They are national announcers and they are there to be impartial, not to have a rooting interest. They're certainly not there to yell out inanities like, "Touchdown, Kan-sas City!" That's for the local pudknocker radio team.

I've never really understood the whole bashing of EA's audio thing. To my mind it sounds much more like a broadcast than ESPN's (or maybe it just sounds like how I would prefer broadcasts to sound).

Well, it's always good in one sense, but when the game is on the line like that and NO excitement at all, or if you have a commentator that says the obvious like: "When you run, you go faster", then we have a problem.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #20
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

seanmac said:

Right. Have you ever heard those two during a game? Michaels, specifically, yells when an exciting play happens.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Al Michaels does not yell in the booth. I understand that there are a lot of twelve year olds out there who want screaming announcers, and I suggest they go play NFL Blitz. An NFL announcing crew should maintain an even keel, and the best ones- Aikman's crew on Fox, Phill Simms and company on CBS, and John and Al- all do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2004, 07:02 AM   #22
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

seanmac said:
Al Michaels does not yell in the booth. I understand that there are a lot of twelve year olds out there who want screaming announcers, and I suggest they go play NFL Blitz. An NFL announcing crew should maintain an even keel, and the best ones- Aikman's crew on Fox, Phill Simms and company on CBS, and John and Al- all do.

When there is a big play, Michaels gets excited. It doesn't matter what the team is. I'm pretty sure he yelled during the Super Bowl where the Titans came up 1 yard short...
Old 07-08-2004, 07:17 AM   #23
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

The same post game celebration?... Lame.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:24 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

seanmac said:

I half to disagree with you. Did you watch the Colts and Bucs game last year on MNF or the NBA Playoffs. Dont know about you, but al micheals was excited. Now I would admit Madden is more laid back. But Al gets excited during the games pressure moments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »