Home

IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

This is a discussion on IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: IGN play of the day (Madden pressure kick)

Quote:

nba_baller said:
Quote:

seanmac said:
Oh yes, that must be it. Denial.

I'm actually re-watching the Jets-Titans monday night game while I'm eating lunch, and Michaels is doing no yelling. Zippo. Nada. He's announcing the game like a professional, not a teeny bopper. I'm not going to get worked up over whether or not EA captures Michaels' inflections, and in any event that hardly falls under the definition of yelling.

Now if they want to start modeling for accuracy, they simply need Al to start mentioning the gambling line from time to time.

So showing emotion labels someone as a "teeny-bopper"?

When their job is to be an impartial network announcer? Yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 05:59 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

seanmac said:
Quote:

nba_baller said:
Quote:

seanmac said:

I'm actually re-watching the Jets-Titans monday night game while I'm eating lunch, and Michaels is doing no yelling. Zippo. Nada. He's announcing the game like a professional, not a teeny bopper. I'm not going to get worked up over whether or not EA captures Michaels' inflections, and in any event that hardly falls under the definition of yelling.

Now if they want to start modeling for accuracy, they simply need Al to start mentioning the gambling line from time to time.

Thats BS I hear guys on Fox, ESPN, and all the other channels show emotion when it needs to be there. Funny thing is, you seem to be the only one who thinks the opposite.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 8

Yes, the garbage announcers make a lot of noise. But the top color guys- Aikman, Simms, Madden- actually bother to call an intelligent game instead of making noise for the sake of making noise.

But hey, if you want to listen to Randy Cross at volume 10 every game, that's your business.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

seanmac said:
Quote:

nba_baller said:
Quote:

seanmac said:

So to be impartial they can't appreciate great plays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »