Home

allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 09:02 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: allgames\' Impressions of Madden 2005

Quote:

ConcreteShoes said:
LOL@ Bozo!!

Does every thread turn itno a huge argument about these two games?

Anyway, another reason why I hesitate to go to ESPN is because I don't have the patience to learn all the new controls. I know that's terribly bad of an exscuse, but I'm so used to Madden now that I don't feel comfy with the ESPN controls.

20 bucks is key though!!

Good post. I think a lot of people in the past have held off on ESPN because they're so used to Madden's controls. Personally, I heard good things last year about Fever's new Read and Lead system, but I just didn't think that I would ever get used to that control so I stuck with Madden and ESPN. I think the $20 price will make those people decide to give it a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also think the 20 dollars will benefit ESPN more next year, and I think it's a brilliant move on thier part.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm pretty sure there's a control configuration so you can have your buttons mapped identically to Madden. I go back and forth regularly, and I'll have five seconds of confusion now and then, but for the most part I adjust quickly.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #84
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MrScarface said:
I'm sorry, but I have been playing ESPN for over a week and it SUCKS. The laugable 7 or 8 yard avg. per carry in the running game is a joke. The herky, jerky movements while running is HORRIBLE. The graphic (XBOX) are all that great (Madden Stadiums look better). The annoucer is ANNOYING (nasally). Forget about 1 on 1 tackling......lol. Because the transistion are so poor, I have seen 5 kick returns in one game because of bad angles. Oh, but it has Chris Berman in pregame and halftime....woooow. There were some nice INT animation and reaction by DBs to make the picks. Its a good game as alternative to Madden, but its not better. For those who complain Madden is the same with improvements.....well...thats kinda the point. You don't radically change good football, you tweak it. Improve the DB AI, eliminate the QB backfoot throwing accuracy...things like that. I have no problem with Madden's presentation. Is it as flashy as ESPN's no. Is ESPN game options as deep as Madden's.....NO. Crib mode..LOL. You see they don't taut that First person football waste of time with 2k5....do they. Come on. People.....wish ESPN to better than Madden, doesnt make it so. That's why u get the $20 price, that's why u get the July 20 release date (NCAA will eat ESPN's lunch). Now, I may be wrong about this....but you can't use roster updates online with 2k5? I know with 2k4 you couldn't. That becomes a problem when you are in December and playing with team that have players who didn't make the team out of training camp. That's what happens when u release too early. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

I would love to hear more of this since it's a slow saturday but it's best that he's gone considering he's a fanboy and can't learn how to speak or type. But considering some may not know what to believe and what not to believe, here ya go...

7 to 8 yard rushing avg was real in 2k4. it was priority number 1 for 2k5. it shouldn't be a problem, we'll see soon.

herky jerky running now has transition animations... to each his own on this one but personally the added control and ability to create more situations all with appropriate animations makes this cool with me just like madden's lack of all these things and "stuck in the mud" feeling is an ok trade off for the smooth appearance in its running game.

Madden 04 stadiums most definitely do not look better. 05 remains to be seen... notice he didn't mention player models.

I wouldn't judge a game on announcers but this is another argument that shouldn't be brought up if it's supposed to make madden look favorably.

The Crib (it's not a mode it's a house) is where you store your trophies won for achieving things in the game. You can also design your crib with things unlocked by achieving things. It's fluff to it's fullest extent but kinda cool. More importantly it's where you can track all your user stats, records, records against friends, percentages and everything else under the sun. So it's a glorified user stats home with mini games, trivia, a jukebox that allows you to put your own songs in and even have them play during your games and a tv to watch things like Sportscenter commercials, athlete interviews and commercials for previous 2k games. So, lol, indeed. Nothing to do with gameplay but very fun and useful.

There's been brief mention of the FPF enhancements which will be nice and that's more than can be said of specific mention of Owners Mode in madden. The point isn't that one is better than the other (they shouldn't even be compared) but that the biggest attraction of both games last year get little mention this year b/c they want to promote NEW stuff.

Updated rosters will be useable online in 2k5 AND that's not Living Rosters. Living Rosters will allow you to play a season online with trades and injury tracking. A seperate but also nice addition. Either way, rosters are set for both games so they could've been released yesterday or it could be in Sept. and they'd both be the same and both be inaccurate... they always are on every sports game released.

Anyway, if you want more details hit the ESPN forum b/c this isn't the place for it. I'd love to hear more of allgames impressions as well. scarface's post was so offtopic he was technically trollin the forum of the game he loves.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #85
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Hello every one (lol) anyways i have no clue if this has been asked already but what has been done about the referes interfering with a reciever catching the ball? Cause in 2003 and 2004 i had this probelm too many times playing aganist my friends and it would hurt losing by a touchdown or two knowing if my reciever tight end or running back could have caught the ball but the damn refere was thier
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »