Home

allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on allgames' Impressions of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 05:59 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: 4 Games of Madden 2005

Quote:

seanmac said:
And quite a few of them do, albeit under different names. For instance, NCAA has a big hit feature that is pretty much the same thing as the hit stick, just under a different name. And some of the recent additions, most notably HFA, simply don't belong in an NFL game, where the road team's winning percentage has been steadily creeping towards 50% over the last few seasons.

I think he's referring to more atmosphere and what not. NCAA does this well even on its dated engine which is the same engine Madden uses. I mean its exciting to play NCAA, i get totally pumped up with adrenaline with NCAA but i get this very dull & dead feeling playing Madden. I agree, both development teams are on the same side, Share idea's with one another and help make both games equally as good in certain catagorys. Im not saying Madden is crap - the game is super solid playing but it lacks that excitement that NCAA and ESPN have. I been to a ton of college games and NFL games as im sure most of you guys have as well and quite honestly even though college games especially those Big Ten Games get very loud and atmospheric.. so do NFL games.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks a lot for the info. Really do appreciate you taking the time to post your impressions.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:55 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Your second paragraph is the best thing I heard in a while.

When you get a chance this weekend, can you post your injuiry impressions in ownermode\franchise?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #12
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks for the info, Scot.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Scot change your thread by writing that you have a beta of the game.It will send a flock of people to this post.I say that because I went right by your post 2 times before just reading it.This is a huge deal when you have a beta
Old 07-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #14
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I was just wondering How much different 2004's version is from this year's beta? From what it sounds like the game has improved....I know I said that I wouln't buy madden this year but if it infact has imporved then I will at least rent it and make a honest personal review..
Old 07-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Define "honest personal review"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 09:25 AM   #16
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Honest for my personal taste.hehehehehe...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »