Home

Does anyone else think that Madden's sales will take a bit hit in 2005

This is a discussion on Does anyone else think that Madden's sales will take a bit hit in 2005 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #81
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does anyone else think that Madden\'s sales will take a bit hit in

Will they? No they won't. Should they? Yes!

Now last year I could easily see them out sell Madden for the Xbox because ESPN was on XBL and Madden wasn't. This year though, Madden's on XBL, and people who has or loves Xbox and XBL will buy it in a hurry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Does anyone else think that Madden\'s sales will take a bit hit in

Madden's pre-order sales double from last years

NCAA Football 2005 sets franchise record

First week sales of EA's college footballer up 50 percent over last year's game.

First week sales of NCAA Football 2005 eclipsed sales of last year's game by more than 50 percent during the same period, Electronic Arts today announced. The biggest change from the 2004 edition, which ended up selling more than a million copies, comes in the form of the home field advantage system, where players can be benefit from or be hindered by excited crowds, depending on whether they are playing at home or away. EA expects the momentum in sales from NCAA to carry over to this year's Madden game, which has already seen its pre-orders double compared to last year. Madden NFL 2005 will hit stores August 9.

Courtesy of Gamespot.com
Old 07-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Does anyone else think that Madden\'s sales will take a bit hit in 2005

Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:
Quote:

Daudr said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
hey, please don't take offense to this but it's kind of getting like scratching the board to me around here. it's sales. it'd be effecting sales, not sells. alot of people seem to want it to be sells but it's just not.

i get a for making a post on grammer but i just had to get that out.

Pot, meet kettle.

There are at least 6 grammatical errors in your "correction." See if you can find them.

What are the 6? I can only find four. This reminds me of language arts class back in 5th grade. lol

Hehehe, here is the corrected version:

Hey, please don't take offense to this, but it's kind of getting like scratching the board to me around here. It's sales. It would be effecting sales, not sells. A lot of people seem to want it to be sells, but it's just not correct.

I get a for making a post on grammar, but I just had to get that out.

There were actually 12 and I may not have gotten them all.

MORAL: Those in glass houses should not thrown stones.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:45 PM   #84
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Daudr said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:
Quote:

Daudr said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
hey, please don't take offense to this but it's kind of getting like scratching the board to me around here. it's sales. it'd be effecting sales, not sells. alot of people seem to want it to be sells but it's just not.

i get a for making a post on grammer but i just had to get that out.

Pot, meet kettle.

There are at least 6 grammatical errors in your "correction." See if you can find them.

What are the 6? I can only find four. This reminds me of language arts class back in 5th grade. lol

Hehehe, here is the corrected version:

Hey, please don't take offense to this, but it's kind of getting like scratching the board to me around here. It's sales. It would be effecting sales, not sells. A lot of people seem to want it to be sells, but it's just not correct.

I get a for making a post on grammar, but I just had to get that out.

There were actually 12 and I may not have gotten them all.

MORAL: Those in glass houses should not thrown stones.

You are missing one more. It should be: "its sales" not "it's sales" because it's is a contraction for it is and its is the correct possessive form. I hope I never am bored enough to make a grammar post again
Old 07-28-2004, 01:18 AM   #85
Pro

OVR: 7

The intereting thing for me will be the price for ESPN Football next year. As a strict Madden player I must admit that I am really liking ESPN's game this year, however, I only bought it because of the price. I can't see myself paying $50 for this game next year especially if there is no college game made by ESPN. I really enjoy the draft feature on EA's games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »