Home

Does anyone else think that Madden's sales will take a bit hit in 2005

This is a discussion on Does anyone else think that Madden's sales will take a bit hit in 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 12:40 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone else think that Madden\'s sales will take a bit hit in

I was one of those guys.

just started using the gaming boards last year

What ya know: I copped an Xbox and I am not buying Madden this year.

Quote:

Jistic said:
Answer: No

Why? Cuz 99% of the people buying football games dont' read forums like this. They will go to the store when Madden comes out and buy it.

Last year I won madden in a tournament. I had to pick it up on release day. The store had people filing out into the street! These were guys from 13 to 45 yr old men in suits that cost more than some cars.

People like Madden. They don't analyze videos all day and argue about 20yd drop backs and player models. They like Madden....they buy Madden. Then on the way home they pickup McDonalds and a Coke cuz they like those things too.

In our soap opera world this is all so earth shaking but in the 'real' world it really isn't. Yeah I'm sure some people will pick up ESPN that weren't going to in the first place, but the people who stand in line in the middle of the street to pick up Madden will do it again.

But so what? Neither game is going away so have fun with what you like.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:48 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't get what some of you guys are thinking both games will do well since they are the only 2 football games on the market.Plus Madden sells 4 mill on 6 platforms while ESPN sells just under 1 mill on 2.Also don't forget ESPN outsold Madden on XBOX b/c PS2 is EA's big sell.So if you take ESPN's pricetag and the 2 way competition both games should gain sells
Old 07-12-2004, 01:00 AM   #19
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Jistic said:

Why? Cuz 99% of the people buying football games dont' read forums like this. They will go to the store when Madden comes out and buy it.

Last year I won madden in a tournament. I had to pick it up on release day. The store had people filing out into the street! These were guys from 13 to 45 yr old men in suits that cost more than some cars.

People like Madden. They don't analyze videos all day and argue about 20yd drop backs and player models. They like Madden....they buy Madden. Then on the way home they pickup McDonalds and a Coke cuz they like those things too.

In our soap opera world this is all so earth shaking but in the 'real' world it really isn't. Yeah I'm sure some people will pick up ESPN that weren't going to in the first place, but the people who stand in line in the middle of the street to pick up Madden will do it again.

sweet post ..my thoughts exactly
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #20
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Jistic said:

You are 100 percent correct!! I have buddies who don't know what a message board is!! Message board is a very small number of all sales.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Does anyone else think that Madden\'s sales will take a bit hit in 2005

Curious as to the post if Espn outsold Madden on xbox last year? Anyone have any proof on this? Because it was not online does not mean it outsold . Again just curious....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:

Jistic said:

I like the bit about McDonald's and Coke!
Kind of puts things in percpective. Madden has become those products. Household names. A go to product. Great post.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:04 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

ESPN's sales are going to go up, but I don't think it's going to have an impact on Madden's sales, which I also expect to go up. The trend is for these numbers to go up every year as the installed base gets larger. The addition of XBL play will arguably help Madden as much as the ESPN price cut when you are looking at Xbox sales.

Hey, I hope ESPN goes out there and tears EA a new one- it could signal the start of a major price drop for video games across the board- but in the end I think that casual gamers will still buy Madden, Maddenites will still buy Madden, and hardcore gamers like myself will still buy all three football games.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope ESPN does well enough to push the Madden boys to go back to the drawing board and do more than add just a few trival additions to there football games each year. They new graphics engine on both NCAA and Madden.

I also hope ESPN does well so maybe we will see some more Game companies be more agressive in pricing, because as some of the other members have said $50.00 a game isn't chump change for most of us. Just my opinion Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »