Home

How's your Connected Franchise going in M16

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going in M16 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 02:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How's your Connected Franchise going in M16

Hey everyone, I thought I'd start a Hows your CFM going M16 thread for PS3 and Xbox 360 users. I bought the game the day it came out and am fairly happy with it so far. It is very similar to 15 in looks but I expected as much.

I'm currently using the Eagles as my Franchise in Off-line mode playing All-Madden with 4 minute quarters and mainly just supersimming when on defense(I like to just play offense unless its 4th quarter). It's been interesting seeing how the QB situation has worked out. Bradford has already broken his ribs in game 3 but only sat out 1 game. In the game he sat out I put Tebow in, he went on to run for over 80 yards and 2 tds using Carolinas Playbook, but his passing was dreadful and I barely managed 50% completion.

So far its more realistic than any other games in terms of everyones overall and feel of how they play. I'd say thats the biggest improvement is the ratings system this year is very accurate. Let me know how you guys are doing and how you're liking the game. Cheers, Herb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
Rookie

BiloxiSmitty's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going in M16

My CFM strategy is to play with teams that are going to have serious QB questions in the next couple of years. I'm currently playing with the Saints, tring to find a replacement for Brees, and also changing the the way the team plays with Graham gone and Colston getting old.

Why doesn't Madden have formation subs like NCAA? I want some formations to have Ingram, and others to CJ Spiller.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are there drive goals in the ps3 version?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Why doesn't Madden have formation subs like NCAA? I want some formations to have Ingram, and others to CJ Spiller.[/quote]

It does have formation subs. You just click 'RB' on 360 or R1 on PS3 and move the left stick til you select which position you want to sub out. There are also 'Sub-Packages' and you use the Right Stick to switch the formations around. You can do things like select the Sub Package 'Patriot' in any teams Goalline formation, if you switch the the Patriot Sub-Package your Middle Linebacker will become your Fullback and your 3rd Tight-End becomes your outside Linebacker, its pretty cool. There are a variety of these sub-packages and you can play around with them and see which ones you like.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

question:

in M16, do players still have schemes and styles?

also, what are the draft classes like? completely random?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Just got the game starting a fantasy draft franchise with the Bills. Normally I create a coach but am going with Rex for the first one.

Doing a defensive team as my last team in last years game with Newton, Lynch, Gronk and Julio scored at will on All Madden.

My fantasy drafts usually take an eternity (I have one in last years game I started months ago but didn't have time to finish and then saw they released the new game for 360) but am trying to do this one quick in one go without looking ahead to see who will be available or gone.

In the the 3rd round right now as I just started

1 (Pick 12 or something) JJ Watt
2 Ndamukong Suh
3 I am likely taking Navarro Bowman here as I don't see anyone really comparable to him to be developed available later.Another option is Mariota but I think I will get either Kaepernick or Tyrod Taylor later

Don't know how long they will be available but Aldon Smith and Jadeveon Clowney are still on the board, if I can get atleast one to pair with someone like Vic Beasley this defensive front will be crazy

Offensively like I said I will likely go with someone like Tyrod Taylor at QB, someone like Jeremy Hill and Todd Gurley at RB depending when they are available, WR is pretty deep and guys like Watkins as well as a lot of talented rookies should be available later.

For my OL I'm going to get the biggest, strongest run blockers I can find and build a line that might not be able to pass block against anyone week 1, but can wash opposing D lines down the line of scrimmage for my run game that I can use to control the game, rest my D, and not throw picks.

I typically like to draft only the youngest players and avoid anyone near 28 for the fantasy draft but with this team in the early rounds I am taking elite players who aren't going to develop too much more but already have traits or skills that put them on another level you can't develop other players to.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5

Planning to start a franchise tonight. This time around I won't be using the team of my heart (Patriots) since it wouldn't be fun to start with a stacked team. I'm thinking either these teams with young QBs or teams with a solid core. Maybe Bills, Jets, Vikings, don't know. What teams you guys recommend to rebuild in Madden 16?

No Cheese Zone
Old 09-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Got Madden 16 set up to run in all three modes - Career, Coach & Owner

Career mode has already started. Coach mode will be started today. Owner mode will be delayed so it runs opposite of my M25 CFM (Which is currently in mid-season - Albeit in 2018)

Coach & Owner modes are set to the Broncos (Because they're my favorite team )

As for my players, I've got a Seahawks HB (Who's a 300+ Lbs FREIGHT TRAIN) i@ Week 5 of 2015 Regular Season, a Dolphins WR (whom I've named DEION SANDERS ii) who's also somewhere around Week 5 of 2015 Regular Season

I've also got a Packers QB (Who's MY II & is basically a Right-Handed Tim Tebow) who's stuck in the 2015 Preseason (Due to the game freezes / system lockups I've mentioned elsewhere). Plan on moving him on to the Regular Season later this week

That's the report from here

BP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »