Home

Two brand new Madden 2005 gameplay videos

This is a discussion on Two brand new Madden 2005 gameplay videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #17
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Two brand new Madden 2005 gameplay videos

Quote:

tikibarber said:
the guy that did the videos said that the games were preseason games and the difficulty was low.Thats not all-pro-all madden difficulty.

I read his post on teamxbox.com and here's a quote.

It was preseason...so a lot of the players were backups... I havn't gotten to the regular season games yet. Just started a franchise tonight. And it's on normal

garbage players and default difficulty shouldn't equal such high scores if the defense is much better this year. Just my take.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #18
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

TallTell said:
Quote:

tikibarber said:
the guy that did the videos said that the games were preseason games and the difficulty was low.Thats not all-pro-all madden difficulty.

It was preseason...so a lot of the players were backups... I havn't gotten to the regular season games yet. Just started a franchise tonight. And it's on normal

garbage players and default difficulty shouldn't equal such high scores if the defense is much better this year. Just my take.

WHa? Yeah take that somewhere else TT 67 db versus a 89 wr on pro level
Old 07-19-2004, 03:47 PM   #19
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

myownsun said:
Quote:

TallTell said:
Quote:

tikibarber said:

WHa? Yeah take that somewhere else TT 67 db versus a 89 wr on pro level

Where would you suggest I take it. Honestly, I don't know you, so I could care less what game you play. You don't have to get jumpy. But since this is the Madden forum, I guess this is the right place for me to say that I wasn't impressed at all with the game videos. Were you?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:50 PM   #20
MVP

myownsun's Arena

Was i impressed with those videos not at all.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #21
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

What the hell difficulty are they or he playing on? Kurt Warner completing pass after pass off his back foot.

Graphics look amazing

I'm starting to see why people think the gameplay is drab. It's dull. Of course, i only saw bits and pieces but still. I felt nothing when watching those vids. Usually I feel excitement when it comes because I know that football season is just around the corner. However, this is the first year I've ever felt like Madden is dull. I'll be picking up both ESPN (great value and different game) and Madden (great graphics and the business aspect is my favorite). I just don't know. I don't feel it this year.

You know, in the end I'll probably just end up with NCAA as a keeper. I only have so much time to play and so far NCAA is the most fun game I've ever played compared to previous year's pro games. funny thing is that I pay more attention to the pro game than the college game.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to make some more comments.

The part where the catch was challenged is the same issue it had this year. When a play was challenged, it took a long time before Al commented on the result. On top of that, the crowd did not go nuts. It was NYG @ CAR and Shockey did not catch the pass. You'd at least think the crowd would go nuts over that decision.

The fans are cool but like someone else said, it could be better. It's a step in the right direction, no doubt about that. But it's still bland. I do have to admit that the defense does look better because in previous years the score would be about 35-33 by the start of the 3rd quarter. However, this year is supposed to be all about the defense and all "Team XBox" did was show Offensive Highlights. Why? Why not show the defensive highlights? I want to see hits! I want to see picks! I want to see hard rockin' fumbles!! I want to be pumped for the NFL. I don't want to open the game and say, "Wow! Great graphics." I want to open the game and say, "Wow! I can't wait for my Cowboys to be in the Superbowl and I can't wait for Roy Williams to knock them pearly whites out of Clinton Portis!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #22
MVP

myownsun's Arena

See im the other way around i cant wait to get espn and madden im already tired of ncaa But im in the minority who prefer the pro games to the college
Old 07-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

he was playing on normal version so that can mean pro or rookie which those two modes are always the easiest cuz the guy's at ea summer nights played on all madden and all pro and both modes the defense were amazing in it and in all they said it was better then what 2004 was and that it's the great madden series yet.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

thank god ESPN comes out on Wednesday...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »