Home

Madden PS3 Features

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Features within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden PS3 Features

I do not agree at all that this game is just a roster update. Yes, the game is mostly the same as I already posted, and it does not warrant a 60 dollar price tag. However, there are enough subtle changes that make it different (commentary, slight graphic upgrade, set up plays, strategy on the fly, more penalties being called). And yes, updated rosters. The menus are the same, the foundation is the same. If you have 16, it is better than 16 IMO. Like I said its 16.5.

To expect anything much more than this is unrealistic, at this point, and quite honestly, I am surprised that they even made a 17 version. However, it should be more like 35 to 40 dollars.

I played my second preseason game last night with the Rams and it was fun. Simple, straightforward. I implemented some of the new strategy, and changed Gurley to an aggressive style instead of balanced (with more risk of fumbles), and I started to run all over the Chiefs. I could have also changed the WR strategy in the same manner. Also, with Barron who plays S or LOLB, I constantly used him to either blitz or fake blitz, and dropped Ogeltree in zone coverage on passing plays.

Its enough strategy for me without getting complicated. It makes it alittle more fun. I’m satisfied. And I played the trial version of 17 on xbox one, and its good, but way too involved for me with the need for tutorials, practice, the new kicking meter stinks IMO. Don’t have the time or the patience. I will play the current gen games when PS3 is extinct.

I hope this helps people. I think it is a fun game, not worth 60, but its still good and in depth enough for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #26
Rookie

After playing another preseason game the game stinks. The changes are subtle but some issues are prevalent and they don't record assist tackles hardly at all. Since the games are priced the same I'm going to pick up the Xbox one version since I already have Xbox and dumb it down to make more simple. Case closed
Old 08-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #27
Pro

xanax12's Arena

OVR: 5

Does the PS3 have the Play the Moment feature that EA and anyone with PS4 are talking about?
Old 08-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #28
Rookie

kyser01's Arena

OVR: 2

Unfortunately the 360/ps3 version of the game doesn't have any of the new xbox1/ps4 features...play the moment, big decisions, practice squad, sub formations, full player editing, block punt/kick feature, commentary updates, ability to see player card via trade screen, (before you would have to exit the trade screen and go to team roster to see a players attributes). They didn't even bother to update the new touchback rule. It would have been better to not even make a last gen version instead of releasing one that says we absolutely don't give a f**k about our 360/ps3 customers but then they wouldn't have been able to rob of us our 59.99 but hey, its EA so that's exactly what we should have expected "MONEY GRAB"... just downright shameful EA.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #29
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser01
Unfortunately the 360/ps3 version of the game doesn't have any of the new xbox1/ps4 features...play the moment, big decisions, practice squad, sub formations, full player editing, block punt/kick feature, commentary updates, ability to see player card via trade screen, (before you would have to exit the trade screen and go to team roster to see a players attributes). They didn't even bother to update the new touchback rule. It would have been better to not even make a last gen version instead of releasing one that says we absolutely don't give a f**k about our 360/ps3 customers but then they wouldn't have been able to rob of us our 59.99 but hey, its EA so that's exactly what we should have expected "MONEY GRAB"... just downright shameful EA.
I'm 100% with you, man.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #30
Rookie

It's a shame what they did with the lack of features and the new 25 yard rule. However after closing the case on the game and moving on to Xbox one version I find myself playing the PS3 version instead. Again simple straightforward and assist tackles working I guess for the game I cited there was not much assists.

They will patch that touchback issue bc they patched legacy edition for nhl when they changed the ot rule to 3 on 3. The patch was really late though.

When I play Xbox one version it's good but I'm not in love with it. The one thing that I'm surprised they can't get in was formation subs. That was in ps2 ncaa for ever.

Anyways the PS3 version does not warrant a 60 dollar price tag but there are more penalties cleaner graphics strategies on fly setup plays which are all new. If u haven't purchased madden in a while or can afford the 60 fee then go for it. It's not a bad game at all. And the rosters are just as up to date as the current gen
Old 08-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #31
Rookie

To clarify I don't understand why formation Subs are not in PS3 version I know they are in current gen. Ps2 had formation subs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #32
Pro

xanax12's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser01
Thank you. Madden 17, pass!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »