Home

Tune into ESPNEWS there gonna compare Madden &ESPN

This is a discussion on Tune into ESPNEWS there gonna compare Madden &ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 01:27 AM   #17
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Tune into ESPNEWS there gonna compare Madden &ESPN

Quote:

K_GUN said:

what a waste of internet space this thread is

Old 07-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Gotta love how the ESPN guys get all mad when somebody thinks madden is the better game LOL Same thing with alot of the Madden guys too. You like it, play the game and shut up about it. Taking offense to video game comparisons is disturbing. Must be the new generation.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:06 PM   #19
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

BSB215 said:
Gotta love how the ESPN guys get all mad when somebody thinks madden is the better game LOL Same thing with alot of the Madden guys too. You like it, play the game and shut up about it. Taking offense to video game comparisons is disturbing. Must be the new generation.

Usually its guys who can only get one game so they defend it to the death.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:42 PM   #20
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

Going through a few message boards, I've seen that more ESPN fan boys have been more upset when someone didn't like ESPN.

"you don't like it, that's because you never gave it a try and you're a MADDEN fan boy"

I'm not saying Madden guys don't do the same but ESPN guys are more into it because they're product has been #2 for years, Gameday guys used to be like that too.

My opinion, yea I could go buy the game for $20 but I refuse too, I have thought about it but I'm loyal. Judging from some reviews and such, I don't want to chance it. It's learning a whole new game when I'm used of NCAA and Madden. Just watching videos, it doesn't make me want to play it too bad, I am more for a stronger franchise, I don't have any info on the ESPN franchise, so if I find out it has some features I want, maybe I'll work another hour next week.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
wtf u talkin bout..anthony chao is 1 of the guys who helped make the espn game....Im just saying he didnt mention nothing about the gameplay..

Chau didn't "help make the game" He's just part of the PR team, not a developer. - food for thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 12:21 AM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

k2thaz said:
Going through a few message boards, I've seen that more ESPN fan boys have been more upset when someone didn't like ESPN.

"you don't like it, that's because you never gave it a try and you're a MADDEN fan boy"

I'm not saying Madden guys don't do the same but ESPN guys are more into it because they're product has been #2 for years, Gameday guys used to be like that too.

My opinion, yea I could go buy the game for $20 but I refuse too, I have thought about it but I'm loyal. Judging from some reviews and such, I don't want to chance it. It's learning a whole new game when I'm used of NCAA and Madden. Just watching videos, it doesn't make me want to play it too bad, I am more for a stronger franchise, I don't have any info on the ESPN franchise, so if I find out it has some features I want, maybe I'll work another hour next week.

You're "loyal" to a game company??? Why What kind of check do you get? You would chance missing out on a good game becsuse it's not made by a particular company?
UN freaking beleivable..
What's wrong with buying 2 games and enjoying them both??
Is is possible you know??
Old 07-26-2004, 02:23 AM   #23
Rookie

moosethaman's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

k2thaz said:

You're "loyal" to a game company??? Why What kind of check do you get? You would chance missing out on a good game becsuse it's not made by a particular company?
UN freaking beleivable..
What's wrong with buying 2 games and enjoying them both??
Is is possible you know??

Man not everyone has 12 hours a day to play to different football games. I just get the one i like and concentrate on that.. for me thats madden. I have never really been a fan of the NFL 2k/ESPN Series
Old 07-26-2004, 08:36 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

k2thaz said:
My opinion, yea I could go buy the game for $20 but I refuse too, I have thought about it but I'm loyal. Judging from some reviews and such, I don't want to chance it. It's learning a whole new game when I'm used of NCAA and Madden.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I am loyal to Atari and 3 on 3 football. The newer games are tempting, but it is kind of risky. I am afraid that I might like them and have to learn to use more than one button. Besides, it would be a betrayal of Atari. I am loyal to them as they have been to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »