Home

Madden is going to suprise a lot of people..

This is a discussion on Madden is going to suprise a lot of people.. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:25 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden is going to suprise a lot of people..

Quote:

BiggestKJ said:
We all know where this thread is headin'...

...in the lock down.

Yep, it's getting pretty pathetic. ESPN fans have to protect their game and Madden fans have to protect their game etc.... It's not like it's one's child so I don't know why so many are getting all protective over it. It's just a bunch of code spewed out onto a television set.

It's just a game. Enjoy whatever you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #26
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Novarstar said
Quote:

Madden could add NFL Asia if it wanted to. The only way it will truly beat ESPN 2K5 is to deliver a game that has damn good gameplay. People can complain all they want about the shortcomings of 2k5 but it plays an excellent game of football. If Madden can match that, then my hat is off to EA and i will get Madden, if they bring the same old game they always do, then I will be satisfied with 2k5.

I will disagree with you bigtime, Ive been an avid ESPN gamer since it came out on dreamcast, and the last time I bought Madden was three years ago. This year on the other hand, I own ESPN right now like always, and its a great game but It sure is not the best and it hurts me to say this because I love ESPN/NFL2K, there lazyness on the franchise puts a huge dent in the game for me this year, from bad AI trade Logic from bad stat tracking and just bug/glitch happy. Some people may play the game withput careing for any that stuff, but I do and I do very much. I love Franchise and I only play Franchise because thats my favorite mode in any sports game, I love franchise mode. ESPN just doesn't cut it this year for me in franchise mode at all, its still very good in its own right this year, but man they need work. I alomost fell like Sega/VC paid way to much atteion to CRIB mode witch I really careless for, I didn't even use the crib once last year. I now alot of you guys love the crib and thats cool but I hate it and I really think it kida of pointless in a football game, in a football all I want to do Is Play FOOTBALL not worry how many crib points I won. I just don't know how SEGA/VC put out a steller game this year with such a F***ed up franchise mode. I will still play ESPN no matter what, but just not in franchise mode. Thats where Madden comes in, I used to be a diehard fan Madden back in the day just like half of you guys but SEGA swayed me away, but now this year EA is swaying me back there way a bit, I look forward to Madden this year too and I like the franchise mode in Madden becuaes there are rarely any mistakes in there franchise mode. Plus the stortline central seems really cool. This year I will very happy with two football titles.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 21

Well, it'll be interesting to see how things pan out in a couple weeks. I know Madden will be super-polished. But I think the thing that will stand out the most is it's lack of player interaction. All those one-on-one tackles, and the one-on-one play of the players look a lot less dynamic now.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #28
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

You know what??? I want Madden to suprise me....I'm begging for Madden to wow me....

I begged for it in Madden 2002

and Madden 2003

and Madden 2004

and it never came.

It's a damn good game but I'm not holding my breath anymore.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 6

i hope it surprises me, wows me, shocks me, stuns me.. I want Ea Sports to be able to say "We shook up the WORLD! WE SHOOK UP THE WORLD" because i want the game to do what EA has promised and turn around and bring us SIM gameplay with all the faults from previous years gone.

we shall see, i doubt it, but its possible.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #30
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

[

I will disagree with you bigtime, Ive been an avid ESPN gamer since it came out on dreamcast, and the last time I bought Madden was three years ago. This year on the other hand, I own ESPN right now like always, and its a great game but It sure is not the best and it hurts me to say this because I love ESPN/NFL2K, there lazyness on the franchise puts a huge dent in the game for me this year, from bad AI trade Logic from bad stat tracking and just bug/glitch happy. Some people may play the game withput careing for any that stuff, but I do and I do very much. I love Franchise and I only play Franchise because thats my favorite mode in any sports game, I love franchise mode. ESPN just doesn't cut it this year for me in franchise mode at all, its still very good in its own right this year, but man they need work. I alomost fell like Sega/VC paid way to much atteion to CRIB mode witch I really careless for, I didn't even use the crib once last year. I now alot of you guys love the crib and thats cool but I hate it and I really think it kida of pointless in a football game, in a football all I want to do Is Play FOOTBALL not worry how many crib points I won. I just don't know how SEGA/VC put out a steller game this year with such a F***ed up franchise mode. I will still play ESPN no matter what, but just not in franchise mode. Thats where Madden comes in, I used to be a diehard fan Madden back in the day just like half of you guys but SEGA swayed me away, but now this year EA is swaying me back there way a bit, I look forward to Madden this year too and I like the franchise mode in Madden becuaes there are rarely any mistakes in there franchise mode. Plus the stortline central seems really cool. This year I will very happy with two football titles.

Well said its funny though how all of these espn gamers are on a madden board rather than playing there new purchase.....I know the reason see i own espn and it leaves you wanting more its cool for a quick game but not the long haul season of the NFL. And alot of them are dissapointed but they wont admit it
Old 07-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #31
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Well said its funny though how all of these espn gamers are on a madden board rather than playing there new purchase.....I know the reason see i own espn and it leaves you wanting more its cool for a quick game but not the long haul season of the NFL. And alot of them are dissapointed but they wont admit it

Well after that huge steaming pile of dung we'll lock the thread. You were warned not to make it an ESPN gamer vs. Madden gamer thread. I've had enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »