Home

Im going back to my roots, somewhat.

This is a discussion on Im going back to my roots, somewhat. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:24 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Im going back to my roots, somewhat.

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
...obviously it was sarcasm, but this isnt:

make me a football game, tiburon!

they have gang tackles kinda.. the two defenders just have to hit the bal carrier at the same time. It doesnt have as good gang tackling like in ESPN where you can come in late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 02:29 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
...obviously it was sarcasm, but this isnt:

make me a football game, tiburon!

they have gang tackles kinda.. the two defenders just have to hit the bal carrier at the same time. It doesnt have as good gang tackling like in ESPN where you can come in late.

...my point

i still wanna see how storyline works though, OS should give some good impressions on that

i've also read that the stories and bruno show wont repeat itself for the initial six seasons...that should be interesting
Old 07-28-2004, 09:05 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

The CPU ran ok on me last year on All-Madden In this year's NCAA I had the cpu run 61 times in one game! I think that Tiburon engine runs when it has some success. If you're shutting down the run, then you need to make it more difficult on yourself. After finally adjusting sliders that work for me I am now 51st against the run in my NCAA dynasty. ANd I can't even remember if I've ever NOT been 1st against the run in previous years.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

ODogg said:
Come on y'all, Maddens fine...don't be hatin'

ODOGG, You seem to keep it real...

Tell me how you mentally justify the CPU not running the ball. What exactly do you tell yourself after each game while looking at your stats. How do you feel when you limit Jamaal Lewis to 26 yards on 9 carries, then shut down Preist Holmes for 22 yards on 7 carries. Explain how you tell yourself thats fine. Throw in your opinion on 1 on 1 tackles, too

*shrug* I just take control of all franchises and up all coaches run % by 20% and then they run just fine.

Wow...take control of all the franchises, huh. Thats pretty neat, and a nice fix. I recommended to some that they do the SAME F'ng THING with ESPN and was told that you shouldn't have to resort to things like that to fix the game. Go figure.

BTW, adjusted coach profiles don't help YPC. After 6 or so franchise games last year I had 1 back top 100 yrds, and that was on a 60+ yard breakaway w/ 3:00 left.

I'm done though. I've accused others of being overly negative and I won't do the same. Hopefully we'll have two great games to play this season.

I feel you, McCoy. I've been too busy to be around here much recently but it may have been the best thing that could've happened. I don't even care which game is better but no one should think any of them is perfect... in any way. I find it funny reading about people talking about the "many other issues" with ESPN, lol. I don't like the franchise mode and many other issues. What issues? WHat is so earth shattering? Going back to the perfect game of Madden, lol. Then I hop forums and read about the perfect game of ESPN. I guess if we didn't have these blind fans it'd make for boring boards but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

I guess it'd just be nice if we could have a few posts about one of these games that's not negative AND not positive only b/c it's being negative towards the other game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »