Home

Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions

This is a discussion on Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions

Quote:

booker21 said:
Spin,
i want to know 2 things...
first, why you play on All madden, when we all know All madden is not the playce to play to have equal ratings, on all madden ratings are bumped up. So that is why D players from the CPU does crazy plays that your own DB don`t do it. So my question inside this question is, did u try to play All Pro game?

They claim that the attribute boosting (at least for speed) is not in Madden 2005. In playing a dozen games or so, that does seem to be the case. That was my biggest gripe as far as attribute bumping, so I don't mind if any other attributes get enhanced for the CPU.

As far as why I started off there, just because (a) I figure I will probably eventually play on All-Madden, so I should start there, and (b) in evaluating whether or not 2005 will be challenging enough, obviously I need to start on All-Madden.

For now I'm going to stick there. If All-Madden continues to frustrate me, I may move down -- I'll have to see.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:

seanmac said:
Spin, I just thought I'd chime in and say that your site is excellent. As someone who enjoys both franchises, I would also be curious to see your in depth impressions of ESPN (the site is called Madden Wishlist, I wouldn't expect you to prefer the game, but I'd be curious nonetheless). I took your deep ball drill and checked it out on ESPN, and while I didn't write the results down, it did appear that the game did as good a job of differentiating between Champ Bailey and an average corner.

I have a review written of ESPN, but I got Madden a lot sooner than I expected, so I wanted to update my ESPN review given my Madden 2005 experiences.

Believe it or not, I don't really care what the title of the game is that I'm playing -- I just want the best football gaming possible. If ESPN were a better game, I would be quite happy to say so -- after all, there's nothing that would make Madden *2006* better than to have ESPN kick [censored] in sales.

But it just isn't a better game. The gist of the review is, there some things here and there that ESPN does better than Madden, a couple of things they do much better (e.g., tackling) , but on the whole, Madden is a much better game. ESPN's presentation features are overhyped and, to me, tired after a week or so. And if you can tolerate 90% of the same commentary as last year in Madden, then it's hard for me to imagine you liking ESPN more.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:45 PM   #51
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

spin16 said:
Quote:

seanmac said:
Spin, I just thought I'd chime in and say that your site is excellent. As someone who enjoys both franchises, I would also be curious to see your in depth impressions of ESPN (the site is called Madden Wishlist, I wouldn't expect you to prefer the game, but I'd be curious nonetheless). I took your deep ball drill and checked it out on ESPN, and while I didn't write the results down, it did appear that the game did as good a job of differentiating between Champ Bailey and an average corner.

I have a review written of ESPN, but I got Madden a lot sooner than I expected, so I wanted to update my ESPN review given my Madden 2005 experiences.

Believe it or not, I don't really care what the title of the game is that I'm playing -- I just want the best football gaming possible. If ESPN were a better game, I would be quite happy to say so -- after all, there's nothing that would make Madden *2006* better than to have ESPN kick [censored] in sales.

But it just isn't a better game. The gist of the review is, there some things here and there that ESPN does better than Madden, a couple of things they do much better (e.g., tackling) , but on the whole, Madden is a much better game. ESPN's presentation features are overhyped and, to me, tired after a week or so. And if you can tolerate 90% of the same commentary as last year in Madden, then it's hard for me to imagine you liking ESPN more.

WoW i completely agree with this post all of it except the tackling part but i dont have madden yet so i cant really comment on that can i...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #52
MVP

myownsun's Arena

Keep up the GOOD work spin
Old 07-30-2004, 04:49 PM   #53
Rookie

I should add that I can totally understand people liking ESPN over Madden 2004, because Madden 2004 was a total shootout. But that's gone from Madden 2005, at least on the All-Madden level, and probably on All-Pro. And just to reiterate: I've only had the game for two days, so the "shootout" may come back after a few weeks, but I really, really, really doubt it.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #54
MVP

myownsun's Arena

Quote:

spin16 said:
I should add that I can totally understand people liking ESPN over Madden 2004, because Madden 2004 was a total shootout. But that's gone from Madden 2005, at least on the All-Madden level, and probably on All-Pro. And just to reiterate: I've only had the game for two days, so the "shootout" may come back after a few weeks, but I really, really, really doubt it.

I cant wait, but i dont have a choice sh1t!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:30 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

spin16 said:
Quote:

seanmac said:

Commentary has never been my issue with Madden, as I'm one of the few who prefers Madden's understated approach to the nonstop noise of ESPN's two guys. On the other hand, I've generally prefered ESPN's gameplay, as it has traditionally done a number of things much better, most notably by tying its passing system and pocket play to definied quarterback drops (I'm on record as saying that Madden cannot be a better game until the 20 yard drop is gone and until the QB decision making time is reduced from 6-8 seconds down to 3-4 seconds). I think 2K5 is excellent, much better than NCAA, but it does contain a disturbing number of glitches and bugs that are undoubtedly the product of rushing to beat Madden out the door. I'm hopeful that most if not all of these will be addressed with a patch before the start of the regular season, but one way or another I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Madden brings to the table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #56
Rookie

I don't really know about the 20-yard dropback. The guys from MN and MP swear it's gone.

Scores are way down from last year. In online play (there's about 10 of us on there now ) I noticed average scores are around 10-14 points per team per game, I'm guessing on 5-minute quarters, which would be about right if you consider that 5 minute quarters is probably half (maybe a little more than half, in terms of plays run) of a full NFL game. This is compared to last year, where my games online averaged 55 points on 5 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »