Home

Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions

This is a discussion on Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 07:17 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions

Quote:

spin16 said:
I don't really know about the 20-yard dropback. The guys from MN and MP swear it's gone.

Scores are way down from last year. In online play (there's about 10 of us on there now ) I noticed average scores are around 10-14 points per team per game, I'm guessing on 5-minute quarters, which would be about right if you consider that 5 minute quarters is probably half (maybe a little more than half, in terms of plays run) of a full NFL game. This is compared to last year, where my games online averaged 55 points on 5 minute quarters.

I would hope that the dropback would be gone, but I've seen it in various gameplay videos, and since it's alive and well in NCAA (weakened somewhat, but there nevertheless), I'll reserve judgement.

Glad to hear that the defense is keeping scores in line, although I imagine that will be fairly temporary. The first few days of 2K5 saw a lot more defensive games as people tried 2K4 tactics that no longer worked, but as they adjusted to the new game, scores started creeping back up. I expect the same thing will happen in Madden. To some extent, I'm fine with that- my experience is that a great many people don't actually know how to play defense, and when your bright idea is to go 46 and blitz on every down of the game, you should give up 6-7 touchdowns on the plays that break your initial containment. Just so long as the game will allow you to play an intelligent defensive game and have a chance, I'll be happy.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:10 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Spin i was wondering how does maddenwishlist.com answer your questions? Well since you have the game could you tell us how many trick plays are added to the game? Also what percent of the real playbook is with every team? I heard flee flicker is in but what else?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

You say the bland feel of each team is gone in that the Titans are much harder than the Lions. What I want to know is not if the teams are simply harder but that the way they play is different? In 2K5, Manning will sometimes run the no huddle which I think is really cool. Do you see this in Madden 2005?

Also, I do like the idea of RT and LT taking ratings hits but I don't know if I like LG versus RG. Same goes for DTs and RCB versus LCB. How much of a rating hit is there, particularly for the same position group? I've always felt that football games need to list a player's secondary positions and their proficiency at them. This would only allow players to play positions listed and drop them accordingly. ie. John St. Clair of Miami was a college center who has played guard and tackle in the NFL. He should be allowed to play all positions without a drop really. Somebody like Tim Ruddy would be a center only. Swing OL would then become more valuable and make roster decisions more interesting.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's one thing I would like to know. Is the presentation for playoff games and the superbowl improved at all? Is the commentary any better?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #61
Rookie

Here's one thing I would like to know. Is the presentation for playoff games and the superbowl improved at all? Is the commentary any better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #62
Rookie

Old 07-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #63
Rookie

Old 07-30-2004, 11:11 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:Also, I do like the idea of RT and LT taking ratings hits but I don't know if I like LG versus RG. Same goes for DTs and RCB versus LCB. How much of a rating hit is there, particularly for the same position group? I've always felt that football games need to list a player's secondary positions and their proficiency at them. This would only allow players to play positions listed and drop them accordingly. ie. John St. Clair of Miami was a college center who has played guard and tackle in the NFL. He should be allowed to play all positions without a drop really. Somebody like Tim Ruddy would be a center only. Swing OL would then become more valuable and make roster decisions more interesting.

Manning does a lot of audibilizing. I didn't see much hurry up.

There's no rating drop from LCB to RCB, but there probably should be. Similarly with DT, though again, there should be -- they're different positions.

About the next post: I haven't gotten to the playoffs yet, sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »