Home

Madden is great but,it's time for a new engine!

This is a discussion on Madden is great but,it's time for a new engine! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Madden is great but,it\'s time for a new engine!

Madden is a great game,but if creating a fan is a big selling point,then its time to move forward
and spend a little more time in development to create a new game.I would rather have 5000 more animations than create a fan.I would like to one day have a choice to use the super bowl teams online against a friend or in a fantasy league(with the correct names and jerseys)Espn is also a
very good game but (although I think Carmen Electra is very sexy,to see her in a football game
does nothing for me.
Both companies are trying to beat the other to the punch,but with questionable punches!Why can't
either company look back and implement some of the cool features from games like front page sports
ie(changing your game plan at the half with animated breakdowns from real coaches)
With the advances in graphics and Ai I wish someone truly captures the essence of the National Football Leaque.Both games are good,but I think too much kiddy crap is becoming the standard and not the exception!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 02:57 AM   #2
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden is great but,it\'s time for a new engine!

Next gen consoles...
Old 07-30-2004, 03:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Amen! I really hope Madden 2006 and beyond can incorporate something we can use. Madden cards are dumb. The crib mode is dumb. Why can't EA bring us some kick [censored] features like a QB challenge mode or an NFL skills mode. That would rule. Having EA redo the QB Challenge Game and adding it to Madden would destroy ALL competition. That mode alone would kill any reason for me to purchase another football game. Wake up, EA. We want features that include gameplay. We want rewards for our hard work, but not a 10% increase for one play for Ricky Williams. Give us the Superbowl atmosphere that we should have had 4 years ago. We WANT! We NEED! Make us happy in 2006. 2005 is gonna be a let down and we already know that. Make 2006 for the Xbox 2 and port to the PS3. That would rule. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:58 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I love Madden just like all the rest , but Hell I love Espn also (I love Football)!!
Madden fans accept "the wait until next year" too much.Madden is winning only on name and not on
substance.Espn has a feature that Madden should have, the replay feature that allow users to watch
any previous play at any point thru out the game.This is great because you can use it for scouting
purposes.
With that said, I still think that the Pc version of Madden is hard to beat.The pc version is so versatile.with the hard drives for the consoles,neither company is taking advantage of the capacity
that hard drives offer.
I may sound like a whiner,but after spending thousands of my money on Madden over the past several
years, I feel I have a right to want a game that's progessing instead of regressing!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:58 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Why don't you at least wait until 2005 is out before you start ripping it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 08:42 AM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

oldpro- I do agree with you, but let us just enjoy this years before we get in to all this engine stuff
Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't like the size and shape of the players in Madden but I do plan on giving Madden another look see when the next generation of consoles come along. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of porting their engine over and slapping better graphics on it.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:

Jaguar said:
Make 2006 for the Xbox 2 and port to the PS3. That would rule. Thanks.

They'll probably do the reverse.

Sure Xbox2 will be out first but in that case, they may just scale the present engine to a higher resolution with more polys and then develop the new engine for the PS3, if they assume again that most of their sales will come on the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »