Home

Madden 2005 (Xbox) Hands On, Question and Answer, etc etc.

This is a discussion on Madden 2005 (Xbox) Hands On, Question and Answer, etc etc. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:07 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 2005 (Xbox) Hands On, Question and Answer, etc etc.

With the defensive hot routes, do you have to cycle through each player to use them? Or, can you choose a specific player to make your adjustment like in ESPN without having to go through all of the other players ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #42
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP
Whenever you get a chance, could you find out if changing the uniform colors is the same as last year, or you get to keep your teams logo. I want to give the Packers an all white road uni. Thanks
Unless I'm blind, no. Still no logo whatsoever. Just a color/stripe color/facemask color, that's it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How balanced is the game play in terms of passing versus running and further more, deep passing versus the short pass and running inside versus outside? I prefer to run a balanced attack and don't like it when I'm rewarded for playing a particular style (always running outside or throwing deep) particularly when its not very realistic.

Will the CPU still run the ball when its down (ex. by only 7 in the third quarter)?
For me, I've been able to hit all the throws and make all the runs. Tosses work on occasion (I actually beat a guy to the corner, which seemed amazing to me. My previous experience with Madden is that you will NOT beat a LB to the corner, even with somebody as fast as Justin Fargas). The CPU went deep on me several times, and mixes the run and pass well. I had the Cowboys run it 18 times and pass it 21 times, and the Rams passed it 27 times and ran it 22. Isolated instances, not sure yet. I'll know more soon. I do find that they throw short vs. deep very evenly so far. As far as your offense, I let my buddy here at work give it a go on the default All-Pro settings. He hasn't played Madden since 2002, but he's been playing NCAA 2004 a lot. The result: Texans 39, Steelers 8. He turned the ball over NINE times. He mentioned it wasn't a "cpu is cheating" asskicking, more along the lines of "wow I can't do the same thing over and over" kind of asskicking. He also got nabbed by the "oops I forgot to call a fair catch" syndrome . So far, balance is key. What 500,000 users might find out 2 weeks from now? No clue. But for now, I can't find a thing wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Heya Big T. Thanks for taking the time to respond to questions.

I have one question, relating to pre-snap options..

On defense, is doubling up a receiver, setting formation shifts, and coverage manageable prior to the snap, or do you have to be lightning quick to get the changes in?

I guess I am asking two questions here.. The first relating to the ease by which these changes are made, and the second relating to how much actual time the user has to make the changes,

Thanks again!
No problem. I enjoy it, for some strange reason. You can make a ton of adjustments presnap very quickly. A simple Y+right DPad will fix your man to man situation, but if you need to assign specific things it takes more time, naturally. However, something like doubling Marvin Harrison while pressing everybody else would go like this:

Y+RDPad, Y+Down DPad, Y+L+Right Dpad, Y+L+Up dpad.

That takes about 5 or 6 seconds if you know what you're doing, but it's also pretty complicated. That (in order) 1) realigns your men in man to man over their cover man, 2) puts the secondary in press coverage, 3)assigns the FS to double Marvin Harrison, then 4) backs the corner on Harrison off to give him a cushion and not let him get right by the press and mangle you for 40 yards. It's easy to make general changes to the DL or secondary, but specific coverage hotroutes naturally take more time. It's not as cumbersome as ESPN's for me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire
About player moral:
1)If a player has a good or bad game does it effect their moral?

2)If a player's moral goes up or down, does it effect their attributes at all?
If not that kinda sucks since it's only for free agency then.

thanks!
Well, I've had good morale so far and haven't seen a lot of effect, other than the aforementioned Woodson issue (medium morale, signed a big contract...high morale. Next game he had 2 picks and completely shut down anybody near him). Once I get more time logged in season play, I'll have more data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by px316xk
another raider question....i saw some screens on ign and the raiders helmets were white. are they white in the final game?
Helmets aren't white. It's probably the lighting and how it comes across "not quite right" in screenshots. I will say that their helmet reflection mapping is the best I've seen in any football game, hands down. The helmets are silver, but they have high reflection variables on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac2k3
With the defensive hot routes, do you have to cycle through each player to use them? Or, can you choose a specific player to make your adjustment like in ESPN without having to go through all of the other players ?
You have to choose them individually. Switch to the player, hit the R stick in the direction you so desire (L=QB Spy, R=flat zone, D=blitz, U=soft zone). It's actually quicker if you know exactly what you want to do...switch/down, switch R, switch R, etc. Not trigger=button=button...trigger=button=button, over again. It would be nice occasionally, but I haven't missed it or felt handcuffed.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1
Talking Re: Madden 2005 (Xbox) Hands On, Question and Answer, etc etc.

very nice job tcrouch.....
Old 08-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #44
Rookie

bigsadd's Arena

OVR: 4

I was just wondering about if the bengals have their new unis.Thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 07:39 PM   #45
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

TC, Thanks for the info.

Two question
Have you used the squib kick if so is too effective?
Have seen the problem of the CPU teams not adjusting to pass plays a across the middle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2004, 07:45 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

How often do QB's take off and run against you?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question. Do they actually show replays this year after touchdowns or do they just show them randomly at different times. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #48
bad1550

OVR:

Is the Xbox version graphics substantially better than the PS2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »