Home

IGN review at this link

This is a discussion on IGN review at this link within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #17
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: IGN review at this link

I love ESPN, but I looking forward to madden more, When it come down to it, Maddens AI is light years beyod ESPN wich I do believe and that makes a huge diffence and that maters to be most, gamplay and computer AI.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #18
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I love ESPN, but I looking forward to madden more, When it come down to it, Maddens AI is light years beyod ESPN wich I do believe and that makes a huge diffence and that maters to be most, gamplay and computer AI.
Agreed....I'm loving ESPN too, but really would prefer a game with smarter AI and better gameplay.

The presentation differences aren't a huge deal to me. For the most part, the great renderings in ESPN are only fully appreciated in cut scenes (which I will start skipping eventually). In Madden, the animations seem to bring the game a bit more to life.

Definitely a good year to be a football fan.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:07 PM   #19
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

I love ESPN and I thought I was going to stick with ESPN this year for the first time in a while...but I'll be renting Madden this year and who knows, maybe I'll be spending more money on football games this year.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know I am going to buy madden. I just don't know on what system. I bought NCAA on the X-box and I want to port my rookies over. But the X-box always crashes and I don't want that to happen when I play madden. Then again the PS2 has the special version...

Anyway did anyone else notice that they where comparing the game on All-Madden.

What does the normal game play like? Did they review ESPN in ALL-Pro or was it in Pro?

Yeah I also hate the way that IGN doesn't use averages and they just sort of pull a number out of their @$$ for the final score.

Oh well I'll buy it and make my own opinion.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

they really stress that All-Madden is the oonly mode that really shows the improvement of the defense. i hope it still plays as well as it does on all-pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2004, 08:43 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

I've played both the last couple years, and have always thought that ESPN's logic was better, I was kickin butt on Madden once I found certain money plays, even with the difficulty amped up, and could win one game 60-14, then lose to an inferior team. Way too much discrepancy each game, don't know why. Whereas with ESPN, the gameplay and challenge just seems more consistent. I also had horrible trouble with INT's last year on Madden, not just me throwing them, but the cpu throwing way too many. While I am open minded about Madden being better this year, it's so hard to tell b/c I thought Madden was overrated by websites last year, by a decent amount. I also thought ESPN was overrated last year, but they really did make a quantum leap in gameplay and logic this year, not sure if Madden can catch them, we'll see!! Hope so, I don't care what game is better.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:07 PM   #23
Rookie

HokieMan's Arena

OVR: 1
Unhappy Re: IGN review at this link

9.5 rating sounds great but when I do the math, I come out with a 8.6 score based on what I see.

Ratings: Description:
out of 10 click here for ratings guide

9.0 Presentation
The newspapers and PDA system are brilliant ways to keep track of your franchise. If only there was a SportsCenter show or its equivalent.

8.0 Graphics
Improved player models, from the shoulder pads to the uniform matching cleats are a nice touch, but not up to the models in ESPN.

7.0 Sound
Tony Bruno's radio show is a kick to listen to, even if Al and John aren't.

9.0 Gameplay
There are two Ds in the word Madden for a reason. This might just be the smartest sports game ever shipped.

10 Lasting Appeal
Franchise, online leagues, and an All-Madden mode that's actually a challenge. This game could have a lifespan longer than Ricky Williams career?without all the smoke.

9.5 OVERALL:
Old 08-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #24
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

People it clearly says

OVERALL: 9.5
(out of 10 / not an average)

Key words: "NOT AN AVERAGE"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »