Home

IGN review at this link

This is a discussion on IGN review at this link within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #25
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN review at this link

"When you drop back to pass, the receiver actually reads the defense and on the fly decides whether to run an in a fly or an out for example. These two additions really come into play in subtle, yet meaningful ways, because even though you might only need to call them a few times a game, the options are both tremendous additions, especially if you play against the Falcons.
"

Wow..Hopefully not all players have the savy to do this,on the best wideouts in the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2004, 09:44 PM   #26
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

My 2 favorite parts from the review

Lasting Appeal
Franchise, online leagues, and an All-Madden mode that's actually a challenge. This game could have a lifespan longer than Ricky Williams career?without all the smoke

"If you have $70.00, buy a copy of each game and be thankful for owning both. If you only have $20.00, beg someone for $30.00 more and buy yourself a copy of Madden. It's a close call, but someone has to win, just ask the Panthers."
Old 08-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #27
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
People it clearly says

OVERALL: 9.5
(out of 10 / not an average)

Key words: "NOT AN AVERAGE"
yeah, we understnad its not on average, but i would like to know where those extra points come from? Its a little odd...
Old 08-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #28
H*ll *f F*m*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
yeah, we understnad its not on average, but i would like to know where those extra points come from? Its a little odd...
Fun Factor maybe? Leave it alone...madden beat ESPN by one decimal point.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
man, who cares, get the game, play the game, judge the game for yourself.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Damn what a review. I had a feeling with all the Sega hype and price drop and early release and all the talk on these boards that EAwas pretty confident they would let their game do the talking. After playing ESPN, I think it's a good game no doubt about it but it will not be better than Madden. Not 2 years ago, not this year, not ever. Madden is videogame football. Plain and simple. Now what do I do with my copy of ESPN once Madden comes out?? That's my only question now.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
After playing ESPN, I think it's a good game no doubt about it but it will not be better than Madden. Not 2 years ago, not this year, not ever. Madden is videogame football. Plain and simple. Now what do I do with my copy of ESPN once Madden comes out?? That's my only question now.

I don't know if its fair to say madden is better and always will. You haven't played madden yet and you definitely haven't played it in the future. Who knows maybe someday the franchise will burn out. I hope not but what if?

There is no way you can say it won't be better in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny

I don't know if its fair to say madden is better and always will. You haven't played madden yet and you definitely haven't played it in the future. Who knows maybe someday the franchise will burn out. I hope not but what if?

There is no way you can say it won't be better in the future
True...cant predict the future. But my money is on EA and Madden. I dont think Sega will be in business too much longer...............which will be bad for everybody. Look what competition has apparantly done for Madden this year according to IGN.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »