Home

The IGN Review is TRASH

This is a discussion on The IGN Review is TRASH within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The IGN Review is TRASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagreat1
That's why i don't come here anymore. Mods here have too much power and they don't rotate. It's like whoeva made this site just got his dumb azz friends to be mods and now they feel like they have some type of power. Running people AWAY from your site is not the smartest thing to do if you want to grow. People who are here on a normal basis should get a chance at being a mod at least on most sites it's like that. How about i just ban myself since you think this site is that important. The same stuff that's posted here is posted on every other board. These boards are full of fanboys who get mad at anything and everything you say about a game. On Monday i could have came back here talking about how good Madden but the fanboys attacked now i'm out.
That could be the dumbest post I have ever seen. The mods here are what keep people like me going to this board and not going eslwhere. They ban people rightly if they are causing unessesary problems or starting flamewars.
Three cheers for the Mods
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #42
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

kids, why can't they just grow up, if if weren't for half of the MODS these boards, the boards would be totaly crap. Keep up the good were you MODS
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagreat1
That's exactly why NOBODY WOULD TRY A 11 MAN BLITZ.
dagreat, hes right your wrong. man you don't even have the game yet and you're setting the groundwork for the reasons you suck at running an offense.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #44
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Yes, I read it. But baseball and fb are utterly different. In baseball the majority of the game is a one on one confrontation, with everyone else standing around waiting for something to happen. In football you would be trying to great 11 people to work together in perfect synchronization on every single play. Imo that would be virtually impossible.

See thats the thing, I also thought it would be virtually impossible until I played UBO. UBO is very revolutionary as a video game as well as a sports game. In maybe 4-5 years, I can predict a full online game for every sports title.

The thing that makes UBO work is that the community has a set of unwritten rules that if broken, can cause for immediate ban. So far, everyone in the cummunity are hardcore baseball players. The game seperates a hardcore gamer from a casual gamer with respective rules that everyone must obey. And the rules are there to serve one purpose, so that each game will be as realistic as possible. With these rules, casual players will be turned off because they are'nt allowed to do things that they can do in console sports games.

For example, since the talent level is so diverse, no one is allowed to steal bases because being the the game is still beta, its basically a 99-99.9% that you can steal bases successfully. Another is that they're are no in the park homers because, once again, the talent is so diverse that a noob will have a hard time fielding the ball so its considered cheese to exploit noobs. Bottom line, there a dozens of rules set in place to make sure that no one does any exploiting of the game physics, begginers or any gameplay flaws that are currently in the game. With that said, there is no cheese because the rules will not allow you to.

Now for Football, a slew of rules would be made in order to prevent things from occuring like 11 player blitzes or LBs going to the line of scrimmage playing as a DT or DBs playing as LBs. And I'm sure there are many other ways to exploit gameplay flaws or noobs. So if each player on the team has a basic knowledge of they're postion and agree with the unwritten as well as written rules that the community or developer sets, than a 11 vs 11 football game is'nt as farfetched as one might imagine.

If you played and witnessed UBO for yourself, you would realize that these type of games are'nt far from reality. Sure, it'll be tough to get 22 ppl to play a organized game of football but if 22 ppl can come together and play a game of pigskin in the park, then the same can be done in a video game.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #45
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

It's par for the course for the little fellas...

Reviews aren't to their liking....site is full of Fanboys that are on the Dev's payroll.

People disagree with them....boards are poorly Modded.

Mods (God forbid) mod something...they are just being power hungry bastards.

Nature of the beast...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #46
Legend

Shaver's Arena

There's a huge difference from OBO to a full Football game!!!!

In OBO, what's the worst position to get put at?? RF? Catcher? You get to hit regardless, right?

In a FB Online game, who's going to play OG? Who's going to play Center? How many CBs are going to play the man and not the ball? How many Safetys are going to stay in their zone and not jump the play. Come on! Unwritten rules or not....it's world's different!!!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-06-2004, 11:53 AM   #47
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Wait.....I thought you guys were "power hungry bastards"???

I kid, I kid.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
See thats the thing, I also thought it would be virtually impossible until I played UBO. UBO is very revolutionary as a video game as well as a sports game. In maybe 4-5 years, I can predict a full online game for every sports title.

The thing that makes UBO work is that the community has a set of unwritten rules that if broken, can cause for immediate ban. So far, everyone in the cummunity are hardcore baseball players. The game seperates a hardcore gamer from a casual gamer with respective rules that everyone must obey. And the rules are there to serve one purpose, so that each game will be as realistic as possible. With these rules, casual players will be turned off because they are'nt allowed to do things that they can do in console sports games.

For example, since the talent level is so diverse, no one is allowed to steal bases because being the the game is still beta, its basically a 99-99.9% that you can steal bases successfully. Another is that they're are no in the park homers because, once again, the talent is so diverse that a noob will have a hard time fielding the ball so its considered cheese to exploit noobs. Bottom line, there a dozens of rules set in place to make sure that no one does any exploiting of the game physics, begginers or any gameplay flaws that are currently in the game. With that said, there is no cheese because the rules will not allow you to.

Now for Football, a slew of rules would be made in order to prevent things from occuring like 11 player blitzes or LBs going to the line of scrimmage playing as a DT or DBs playing as LBs. And I'm sure there are many other ways to exploit gameplay flaws or noobs. So if each player on the team has a basic knowledge of they're postion and agree with the unwritten as well as written rules that the community or developer sets, than a 11 vs 11 football game is'nt as farfetched as one might imagine.

If you played and witnessed UBO for yourself, you would realize that these type of games are'nt far from reality. Sure, it'll be tough to get 22 ppl to play a organized game of football but if 22 ppl can come together and play a game of pigskin in the park, then the same can be done in a video game.
While it's an interesting notion, to me the thought of playing right guard or nose tackle in a video game just doesn't hold much appeal. But I can see where some people would enjoy it. Maybe some day we will see something like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »