Home

Madden Challenge, here I come!!!

This is a discussion on Madden Challenge, here I come!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7
Talking Madden Challenge, here I come!!!

Is anyone going to be in one this year? I will be!!! I'm going to the one in Nashville, TN. which that particular tournament starts on Oct. 16th.

I'm really am pumped up about partipating in a Madden Challenge like this. Heck it'll be my very first videogame tournament.

And the BEST part is, I'll have 2 moths to practice up on my skills and think about how I want to approach my oppenent that I'll be facing.

Does anybody have any advice as to what I should be practicing the most on/with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Challenge, here I come!!!

The new defence functions, dont let your opponents gain a yard
Old 08-07-2004, 11:56 PM   #3
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7

And another question, should I be a team with a great offense or a great defense? I'm pretty sure as to how I'm gonna play on defense, thinking about using a 4-3 defense.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_2K
And another question, should I be a team with a great offense or a great defense? I'm pretty sure as to how I'm gonna play on defense, thinking about using a 4-3 defense.
I think you should personally pick a team that you will be happy to play with. By your profile, go for the Colts.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:28 AM   #5
Rookie

JBalfour4's Arena

OVR: 1

Word You Going To Be In The Nashville One, Im Going To Be There Too Cause Im Going To College There, You Better Get Ready For Me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 01:17 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

As someone who made the final 16 in Charlotte last year (and is planning to go back again this year), the best advice I could give you in this:

Bring a friend or two with you.........

There's lot's of standing around and waiting, but that's not even the biggest reason. The biggest reason is that most of the folks who'll be around in the later rounds will have somewhat of an entourage with them. These can be rather intimidating and a bit unnerving. They'll yell, they'll hoot and hollar when they're "boy" does well, and it'll annoy the heck outta you to the point of taking you out of your game completely. If you have a friend or two with you there to snap you back into it should the above happen, you'll have a much better shot at advancing further in this tournament.

Good luck to you......and to you folks who'll be going to the Madden Challenge in Charlotte......I'll see ya there.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:19 AM   #7
Rookie

JBalfour4's Arena

OVR: 1

thx mann
Old 08-08-2004, 03:15 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

i was at the one in San Antonio and it made me laugh to see these guys with a "posse". LOL Damn Madden lamers

Whats really funny is the fact they talk **** when there "boy" is doing good but there *** was out in the first round I also agree about bringing a friend to it, makes time pass by faster when your waiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »