Home

This happens every year !!!

This is a discussion on This happens every year !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: This happens every year !!!

Wow, that's quite a Madden Manifesto you've scribed there. The problem is this: you're trying to make your case to a bunch of folks who are likely in 100% opposition of you. And the only thing that will accomplish is a flame war, which is old and tired.

We are fans of sports video games here. If we weren't, we wouldn't spend time on this website. What you've done here is the equivalent of going to a Buffalo Bills fan site, go to the message boards, and tell everyone how they shouldn't even bother watching the games this year because they're going to stink again. It accomplishes nothing productive.

Please, do yourself and everyone else on this board a favor and spend your time browsing other websites.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

dapo that was good read, and madden 206 better have gang tackling or NOBODY should buy it

2005 is upon...they have said all madden is great(notice how they only say all madden)

so time will tell...only 3 games out anyway...might as well play them all
Old 08-08-2004, 01:32 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
dapo that was good read, and madden 206 better have gang tackling or NOBODY should buy it

2005 is upon...they have said all madden is great(notice how they only say all madden)

so time will tell...only 3 games out anyway...might as well play them all
yea ...i hope they step upon the ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 02:12 AM   #12
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapo
I have only experienced one glitch in ESPN and that’s the clipping bug. This is because I don’t expect to much and I don’t complain about every mistake made on a videogame. Nothing in life is perfect.
If you have only seen one "glitch" in ESPN then your vision must be one of the things in life that is not perfect.

Quote:
At least you only see ESPN’s problems after you play the game. In the videos I have seen of madden, I still see Suction blocking, Mario running, flat pockets created by Oline, horrible..yes..horrible player interaction and tackling animation. How did I see this from just watching 40 minutes of game footage?
It's amazing, you saw all this without ever picking up a controller, in only 40 minutes, yet you can only find one "glitch" in ESPN, a game you have played for weeks and that game has more bugs than an anthill.

Quote:
This is how it is going to be at release date. Everybody will come on here and declare Madden king just like they did with ESPN. The nitpickers aka Game terrorist will go to work. By Day 2, couple of bugs will be discovered and the masses will complain. Day 4, Game killers will be discovered.
Dapo you are officially early! It has not even been released and you are the first nitpicker. I didn't think you were supposed to be here until at least day 3!

Give it a break, wait until after you get your rental then come back and tell us how bad it is. God, I hope Blockbuster doesn't get it until the 12th...
Old 08-08-2004, 02:17 AM   #13
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

I just hope the things he is saying aren't true. The most frustrating thing about NCAA is the lack of a pocket and the EA engine running game.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:32 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

Dien...i saw no drastic improvements in the running game from those vids either

and you can yell all you want...the ol/dl looks to be the same...so if that doesnt change, most likely the other issues that follow with it havent

even ncaa 2005 still has pinball running
Old 08-08-2004, 02:32 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
If you have only seen one "glitch" in ESPN then your vision must be one of the things in life that is not perfect.

It's amazing, you saw all this without ever picking up a controller, in only 40 minutes, yet you can only find one "glitch" in ESPN, a game you have played for weeks and that game has more bugs than an anthill.

Dapo you are officially early! It has not even been released and you are the first nitpicker. I didn't think you were supposed to be here until at least day 3!

Give it a break, wait until after you get your rental then come back and tell us how bad it is. God, I hope Blockbuster doesn't get it until the 12th...
so you are telling me that mario running, suction blocking, nopocket and one man tackling is nitpicking...woah. videos dont lie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 02:38 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

That was a great post. In fairness to Madden fans I have never played Madden because I have always been so happy with ESPN but I have owned a couple of the EA Ncaa versions and thought they were great games. Like I said I don't know which one is better because I have never bought Madden but when I bought Espn Nfl 2k5 at Gamestop the clerk told me "this game is alright but Madden is going to be way better. Would you like to reserve your copy of Madden 2005 today." I was thinking to myself 'I really don't give a crap if Madden is going to be better because this game is only 20 bucks'. It turns out Nfl 2k5 is a fantastic game in my opinion. I guess the clerk was just doing his job but it made me wonder if Madden is systematically hyped to make it sound better than it is or something. EA should cut out the high pressure sales tactics and lower the price of their game to $20 then I would buy it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »