Home

This happens every year !!!

This is a discussion on This happens every year !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
This happens every year !!!

Every year, we wait for Madden and ESPN to come out with our expectations high. We read IGN’s annual review about the games. The always hype them up. We read impression from mods and the fortunate few that say its great. Everybody seems to forget that pre release is like waiting to open your Christmas present. You are so anxious. You cant wait to get your hands on the gift that its unhealthy then when you open the present its lose its excitement. Remember before ESPN came out, everybody said it was great. The reviews said “it will own your soul.”lol. Even SteveOS gave it a 5/5. Then the game came out and People started acting like VC just raped them. Yall need to understand that Nitpickers are game terrorists. They will find every bug and glitch. I have only experienced one glitch in ESPN and that’s the clipping bug. This is because I don’t expect to much and I don’t complain about every mistake made on a videogame. Nothing in life is perfect.

What makes it most sad is Gamers think madden gameplay is going to be perfect. The perfect defense. Before ESPN came out and the first few days of gameplay, Everybody said the db Ai was great. Now they call it mentally cripple. At least you only see ESPN’s problems after you play the game. In the videos I have seen of madden, I still see Suction blocking, Mario running, flat pockets created by Oline, horrible..yes..horrible player interaction and tackling animation. How did I see this from just watching 40 minutes of game footage? Because I dont own rosy colored glasses. This is 2004 and the madden development team still cant program gang tackling. A 15 year dynasty cant figure out how make two defenders bring down a player. They make all that money and they still cant figure out how to make DB look back at ball yet IGN proclaims it has the best DB play ever. The richest company in the gaming industry with huge development team cant have pretty graphics and great presentation. Please don’t tell me presentation doesn’t matter. if a girl was butt ugly but had a great personality, would you date her… only if she was rich…lol. There is no excuse for madden to be stale. If EA created ESPN 2k5 and VC created Madden 2k5, which one will be better?
Last year, Madden hyped Owners mode. They said it revolutionalize video gaming. Why are we not hearing about it now? What happened to that. This year, its storyline central. Please tell me what a radio show as to do with football. Its all fluff just like owners mode and the crib. In three months, Would you still be listening to Tony Bruno? If you think im full of sh*t then please tell me you are hyped to play owners mode this year. Then there is the hit stick. Which is actually great if it wasn’t hyped. First, I have never seen those “big hits” in real football. The defenders don’t even touch the floor when they hit. Are they allergic to grass? The only thing that was added that actually meant something was defensive hot routes but that shouldn’t be hyped either. After 15 years, that should already be in the game. Lets look at it this way. If ESPN wasn’t around, we will never have known graphics could look that good, players could have their real faces in the game, headtracking was possible, runningbacks could run differently (balance, power and finesse), and gang tackles.

This is how it is going to be at release date. Everybody will come on here and declare Madden king just like they did with ESPN. The nitpickers aka Game terrorist will go to work. By Day 2, couple of bugs will be discovered and the masses will complain. Day 4, Game killers will be discovered. On like ESPN, We will let Madden slide and they wouldn’t fix it the next year. Mario running is a glitch, One person tackling is a glitch, suction blocking is a glitch but nobody complains about it but they could declare the clipping bug as a game killer. I CAN wait till Madden comes out. After seen the videos, there is nothing phenomenal about the game that will make me lose days of sleep. I will probably give it a rent. Its great that they improve the defense… but wait they said that last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: This happens every year !!!

Thats your opinion, all i of read was that the gameplay is so much better. Either way im buying it even it was exactly the same as 04 but had updated rosters
Old 08-08-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

1 question..Are you gonna play madden 2005 this year?...If not STFU!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:07 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
aww..did i pinch a nerve. the truth hurts doesnt it. yes..im going to play madden but im not going to buy it.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:08 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewindersca
Thats your opinion, all i of read was that the gameplay is so much better. Either way im buying it even it was exactly the same as 04 but had updated rosters
we read that every year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
Rookie

JBalfour4's Arena

OVR: 1

Good post, everybody stay bitch-in about little bugs, when they just can play and have fun instead of cryin about every lil thing on the boards.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Lighten up, this is not your place to tell people to STFU. You want to play that game go back to IGN or MAddenmania.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

DJ just relax already...LMAO...

some studies have shown that anger is a sign of sexual frustration
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »