Home

What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

This is a discussion on What does moving the right stick do when running the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

I read that this year on XBox the Left stick is used for Stiff arm, and the right for Juke (or vice versa), and this made me wonder if the Right analog stick is used for anything when running the ball?

Is it still used to call for blocks (Playmaker), or does it have another use this year?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #2

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

The left stick is for moving your runner... Do you mean trigger?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

you mean the triggers right? I was wondering what the black/white buttons do when running.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Jimplication,

Right analog stick is still for making "playmaker" blocking on runs. =)
Old 08-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think EA should flat out steal VCs right stick system(and I predict they will next year maybe). No one even uses the playmaker while running, because its just not smart to get your thumb down there and try to guide your blocker. Too much work. Instead, if you could flick it to juke a defender or spin, that would be much nicer. I love Madden, but that right stick stuff when running/passing feels useless to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmekaConn
I think EA should flat out steal VCs right stick system(and I predict they will next year maybe). No one even uses the playmaker while running, because its just not smart to get your thumb down there and try to guide your blocker. Too much work. Instead, if you could flick it to juke a defender or spin, that would be much nicer. I love Madden, but that right stick stuff when running/passing feels useless to me.
Thanks for the replies and help.

Yea, I agree. I don't ever think to use Playmaker when running the ball, and it might be neat to be able to juke with the right stick.

I hope the 1-button juke and 1-button stiff arm works well this year on XBox. I'll admit I have trouble hitting the white and black buttons in stride, and it would be neat if this new method of juking and stiff arming works well.

I've had PS2 for years and am used to the four shoulder buttons, but on XBox, this could be the next best thing; if it works out well.

Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmekaConn
See, I'm just the opposite. I don't ever use it in ESPN and I use it often in Madden.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't really like the juke stick, you already got jukes, left and right are just smaller jukes, why don't they just use one, one right and one left juke seems like enough for me atleast. Also then if you hit right when you are about to be tackled they try to spin the tackle off, then there is a spin by pressing B, why don't they just implement this both into one, the cpu should be able to tell when to do what. The stutter step doesn't really do much by pressing up, why do you need to press down, its just a slightly easier way to stop and then start again. Also the charge-up is very unrealistic, makes no sense to me.

What i do like is the animations without the bouncing off, but this is bad sometimes in ESPN as you can almost get caught to long on a blocker. Both games need improvements, Madden needs more with the smoothness of it. But ESPN's momentum is way off, but it does have gang tacklers and decent animations for bumping into players. I really think I might like Madden's a little bit more just because I don't have to tap the A button like a mad man, I can't even tap fast enough to run full speed with fast players, so its almost gamebreaking for me, or atleast ruins alot of long would be TD runs or passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »