Home

Is there a PC version and IS it available?

This is a discussion on Is there a PC version and IS it available? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Is there a PC version and IS it available?

just curious?...also will the PC version be identicle to the console versions?

Also finally, have they actually added team specific DEFENSIVE play sets this year?...or does every team still have the same defensive play book schemes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is there a PC version and IS it available?

The PC version will come out next month.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

any idea of the date?...and also will it be identical to the Console version or will it be missing anything?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

It comes out September 8th. I'm waiting for it too, but I rented the GC version to tide me over till then. I'm not so sure as to what's gonna be different.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've never played the PC version. Are the graphics improved and how configurable is a joypad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Last year the PC version was much better than the console versions. Not only were the graphics much better, there were gameplay enhancements as well. There was much less "pinball" running and the QB actually had a pocket to pass from.

Other than the fact that it was on my PC instead of my big screen I thought the game was so much better and I actually ended up playing that version a lot more than the console version that I ended up selling.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:57 AM   #7
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

add me to the list of PC Gamers. I have been a 100% console gamer until MVP Baseball forced me to switch and buy a graphics card. I rented the XBOX version of Madden to hold me over until September. I also have NFL2k5 for XBOX.

If you go PC, you will never go back...

Here is what I found at gamespot about the PC version:
\

The PC version of the game, specifically, will have a number of enhanced features for online play and what will likely be the best graphics of any version of the game. All versions of Madden 2005 will use volumetric lighting and bump-mapping where possible to enhance the look of stadium lights (this effect is especially apparent with games that take place at dusk, which shows the transition from day to night) and the look of players, which still have reflective helmets, but now they have more detailed bodies--right down to the holes in their jerseys. The game will continue to let players play online over EA Sports Online, along with the ability to form custom leagues and clubs as well as online rankings. The developers have also continued to take steps to eliminate online cheating; last year's game eliminated the ability to pause the game indefinitely (until the other guy quit in disgust, thereby giving you the win); this year's game will remove the ability to induce lag into the game (to throw off your opponent's timing) by pressing the Windows key or the Alt and Tab keys together.

Even though we saw an early alpha version of the game, Madden NFL 2005 for the PC looks extremely promising.

Last edited by jpup; 08-18-2004 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCribb
I've never played the PC version. Are the graphics improved and how configurable is a joypad?
Well, depending on the gamepad, it may work exactly like a PS2 controller (Gravis Eliminator Aftershock, Eliminator force (?), and Logitech Dual control - my choice).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »