Home

simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

This is a discussion on simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 12:23 AM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

I was checking the SI site and others ESPN, CBS Sports ect, ect...end of season stats and what you're saying isn't making any sense the numbers you were talking about aren't that far off and are in most probability within the official stats as reported by most sport league sites ....in a word they aren't that bad as you make them seem, check the "Official" stats, you'll find that EA did a fairly decent job in their sim numbers.

Not all stats generated are going to be spot on, its not common to reach a 2000 yard season or a 100 plus receptions and most of the numbers generated are numbers that are pretty much realistic, so there is no real problem in simming as they have done, not perfect but realistic numbers close to their real life NFL counterparts.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #10
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

ok... here goes... you're wrong, they are way off...

to not have one player over 1300 receiving yards? that's way off. to have only 4 QBs with over 3500 yards? and to have zero over 4000 yards? to have one over 3500 yards? again off. to not have one WR with over 100 receptions?

go thorugh and simulate a season and see how your favorite players are doing. when's the last time you saw Randy Moss with 54 receptions and 700 yards when he played the whole year? when's the last time you saw Terrell Ownes with 600 yards and 42 receptions? is it normal to see Michael Bennet average 3.1 yards per carry, and only have 800 yards when playing every game? or how about LaDanian Tomlinson have 775 yards, and 3.4 yards per carry?

the stats don't jive. they aren't even close to reality. sure, it's just a simulated world, but in the past, Madden has been close, almost spot on with how real players would perform. I expect to see Marvin Harrison have around 90 receptions and 1200 yards if healthy... not 54 and 600...
Old 08-10-2004, 12:38 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

EDIT: woah, those stats were way different then I thought you were talking about, that is off.

Last edited by NoSkillz50; 08-10-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 12:42 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with what the originial poster is saying.

it's been MOre accurate in years previous and now its way off.

it just comes by as a shock. but i guess we can get used to it.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #13
MVP

faster's Arena

Wally, just goes to show you we're in the minimum here. Most people don't care that much about stats, and "close" or "sort of" realistic is fine by them. And that's fine too, because those people get more enjoyment and can look past those things. us though, we're bastards, we want things perfect. sigh...

but yeah, in year's past you could expect stats to be close to how they'd perform in real life. this year though, you don't know at all. i was shocked to look through the WR stats and see how unrealistic each team and player was.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:48 AM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Those numbers do sound pretty off not like what you first mentioned at all. I'm purchasing the game tommarrow and have play every Madden game from the begining and have never heard anything negative about their stats engine.

For me the experience should be of anticipation of another decent product but its not even a game killer yet as I have not seen this but wouldn't it be a bit more fair to see what little things like rosters, weather conditions, player conditions, playing conditions and so on, when simming you really don't know what you're going to get and I'm the kind of gamer that knows how to find these kind of problems.

Anything when simming can attribute to those poor stats based on the cyber theory that you weren't there you only simmed. Things could have changed that you either didn't see or anticipate in the game. Did you simmed right out the "Box"?

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Wally, just goes to show you we're in the minimum here. Most people don't care that much about stats, and "close" or "sort of" realistic is fine by them. And that's fine too, because those people get more enjoyment and can look past those things. us though, we're bastards, we want things perfect. sigh...

but yeah, in year's past you could expect stats to be close to how they'd perform in real life. this year though, you don't know at all. i was shocked to look through the WR stats and see how unrealistic each team and player was.
you are probably right, i just care if its close, I'm sure they were trying to compensate in another area and then some of those got a "little off". They will probably play with ti each year, and it may be a while until they get them just right and tget them to varry, and be based on ratings as well as random aswell. It must be pretty damn hard because nobody has gotten it completely right so far. Baseball games this stuff is a snap and MVP had a great sim system. Football is mostly the gameplay and they will do whattever else to adjust this system when they can. They have to keep the majority of the fans happy first, fan factor and gameplay are their 2 most major concerns.

It really isn't "that off" so I don't think its a major concern for them right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 AM   #16
MVP

faster's Arena

yep, didn't change anything.

and yes, in years past, you knew the stats were right on. you could look at they varied a little. Holt might be a little low or a little high. have a good or bad year, but you knew what to expect. this year, not so. i just simulated another year, and Holt had 800 yards receiving and Isaac Bruce had 705. receptions were 75 and 68....

the problem is that receptions are WAY spread out this year, as are yards. you'll often see 850, 700, 600, 400, 400 for receiving yards and an even amount of receptions.

the consistentcy isn't there like in year's past. league leaders aren't horribly aweful, but the consistency just is off. like, who expects for Culpepper to throw for 3100 yards and 16 TDs ???? i mean... really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »