Home

simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

This is a discussion on simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 12:55 AM   #17
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

NoSkillz, you're absolutely right. Gameplay should always be the #1 factor, and yeah, i am in the minority, and i realize that, but it's dissappointing since EA has created such a high standard in the past.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:59 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think he is being picky. And I am a stat freak.

ESPN is so much worse its not even funny. Last year they had punt returners leading the league in punt returns with 1.3 averages. A ton of players had averages in the negatives!! There is always something off like QB completion precentages too low which is now better but it took a while.

As far as Madden goes those numbers aren't THAT bad. I seem to remember a real NFL season or two with only one guy throwing for 4,000 yards. I like it better when there is only one or two guys around 100 catches. These days in the west coast offenses a lot of recievers catch 4-5 of these quick little passes. Now there are a ton of guys over 100.

But to make a post saying Madden sucks at simming stats too? You my friend, are way off.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:01 AM   #19
Rookie

Regardng Culpepper:

In 2002: 18 touchdowns
In 2003: 3400 yards

It is possible.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:02 AM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Wally, just goes to show you we're in the minimum here. Most people don't care that much about stats, and "close" or "sort of" realistic is fine by them. And that's fine too, because those people get more enjoyment and can look past those things. us though, we're bastards, we want things perfect. sigh...

but yeah, in year's past you could expect stats to be close to how they'd perform in real life. this year though, you don't know at all. i was shocked to look through the WR stats and see how unrealistic each team and player was.
Count me in that minority also then, yes I do believe in true accurate stats but am not going to rely on a programs base functions to accurately compute those numbers thats where your football knowledge comes in.

If the stats are off theres a reason for it somewhere and it can be adjusted just like any other program, if you're familar with the basic functions of computer programs simular to ones that do basic calculations then you should be able to remedy that oversite and then again I'm speaking from real life facts as in working in an enviorment that does this all day long.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-10-2004, 01:02 AM   #21
MVP

faster's Arena

sim a season and see for yourself.

madden is closer than ESPN, but not accurate. like i said before, Madden was king of simulated stats in years past. not anymore.

don't just look at league leaders either, scroll though each team and look at WR stats... you won't be so quick to say they're fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #22
Rookie

You just said its closer but Madden is STILL better at simmed stats....

But they are not the king? What? Darn! Who is the king? No one this year? What will us peasants do?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:11 AM   #23
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

What about possible out comes as in injuries or an infinate number of possibilities that could attribute to a teams poor play or lack of...starting QB out due to injury players attitudes off field issues and like I said an infinate number of possibilities and senerios. Just my two cents worth and as I understand it all these situtions I've just mentioned have to do with its new feature "Story Line"

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-10-2004, 01:13 AM   #24
MVP

faster's Arena

that's a possibility... something changed their stats engine, that's for sure.

and like i said, it's amazingly far off... but those that are stat junkies will see scrolling through the teams what i mean. bizarre... EA... oh EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »