Home

simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

This is a discussion on simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:17 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: simulated stats... lol... Maddens sux too

I would bet that the simulation engine was thrown off by the large number of rating inflations this year. If teams get closer and closer to 100, then the distance between the players gets smaller and smaller, causing the difference between players stats to become small (hence a lot of players having similar stats).

Taylor34

Last edited by taylor34; 08-10-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 01:20 AM   #26
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

More than likely thats what happened in order to make us the gamer do real work and not just rely on simming to generate numbers, this year as mentioned in their features and the new defense and "Story Lines" its probably part of whats new this year.

Nothing wrong with that , guess we'll have to do some serious strategy set ups and pay close attention to the whole teams condition on and off the field. Again just my two cents worth but it sounds like thats whats going on here.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-10-2004, 01:54 AM   #27
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

I've simmed a couple of seasons and the only real stat I've seen that is a little off are receptions. Torry Holt led the league with 86 for 1400 yards and 11 TDs. Bulger threw for over 4,000 and Manning was just behind him with 3,800.

LT did set a single season rushing record with just over 2400 yards though.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:01 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kinda funny, LT rushed for 2400 yards in my first season also. Also, receptions seemed fine with Harrison leading the league with 95 and 1425 yards. TO had 92 and 1337 and Moss had 90 and 1423. Also, Passing numbers seemed good with Manning throwing for 4300 and 38 TD and Green throwing for 4215 and 35 TD. Seems to me like we are playing two different games here. Stats seem as good as ever to me(then again I was busy playing ESPN before today)
Old 08-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #29
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

hmm... now why the hell is everything so dramatically different for me? i haven't changed a damn thing....

GRRRRRRRR.....
Old 08-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

No, this isn't nit-picky at all. Madden's off by 10-20% in some categories, and they said they were going to fix this and they didn't. If you're just simming games, it shouldn't matter much. But if you're actually playing out your games then it certainly does. They said they were going to fix this, and they didn't.

Here's a list of all the problems I've found:

http://www.maddenwishlist.com/editor...ickfix.php#sim

If you've got more to add, please let me know.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:16 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed in 2004 I had the same problem. I took control of every team and changed run/pass ratio. My rushing in the beginning was way too high and recieving was too low. This somewhat improved my stats. Not perfect but a little better. Maybe this could help this year as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #32
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

so i'm really NOT alone... thanks guys! i really did think i was going nuts (more nuts)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »