Home

Is trading ESPN and MVP Baseball for Madden worth it???

This is a discussion on Is trading ESPN and MVP Baseball for Madden worth it??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Is trading ESPN and MVP Baseball for Madden worth it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabones1
I never trade any of my games in whether I play them or not. Id rather just keep them or let someone borrow or have them. To me its not worth spending 200 dollars for a 50 dollar game that will be worth less than 20 in 8 months. Big ticket items to me is really worth trading in but a 10 to 20 dollar credit for something that youve paid 50 plus for is not worth it. Granted most of us arent rich but if you have the fifty then just go and buy it.
it is worth it if you plan to never touch the game again. If someone were to give me a dollar for madden 2003 it would be a deal cuz i'll never play madden 03 again. Luckily i traded it in. But i always trade in sports games before the new update comes out. I still have ncaa 2004 for some reason though???
Old 08-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabones1
Big difference from a car and a 50 dollar game. A car is a neccesity. They all depreciate but im not losing out by keeping my games. I WOULD BE IF I TRADED THEM IN. If I trade in 10 of my games I would get a total of maybe 100 if Im lucky- I paid 500 dollars for them. If want to get those hundred dollars games I would just save up for them if I have to. Id rather give them to my little cousin because a 5 to 20 dollar trade in toward another game is not feasible to me. To each his/her own. Iv learned years ago when I tried trading some games in and they offered me 8 dollars each for them. The game were just 8 months old. Even if I mastered the game I still keep them, its not worth the few dollar trade in to me. What is the trade in value for NCAA 2005 for a non Madden trade in?

I see what you are saying, it's cool to give them to like a little cousin or something, but think of 5 old games you'll never touch again in your life, trade them in for 1 brand new game that you'll play alot over the next year. I guess i'm trying to say it's better to something for nothing, than to get nothing for nothing. But if you aren't cheap like me then it might not matter lol. Kind of like re-selling textbooks in college, you really do get screwed over, but it's better to get 30 bucks for a 100 dollar book you'll never touch again than to just be stuck with the book.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #19
Rookie

ndxc2001's Arena

OVR: 2

Great analogy with the text books. I always trade in games that bore me I would rather get something for them than a pile of dust that accumulates on the game on my shelf.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #20
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iromerliciousi
Is trading ESPN and MVP Baseball for Madden worth it???
Nope
Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Eventually you are losing out on all the money you have spent trading in games.Its worth more for me to keep them than to just get a few dollars for them. 5 dollars isnt worth it to me. I have a bunch of games I could trade in to get Madden but Ill just wait until I have a few dollars to just buy it. After you have traded all your games in just to get one game then what have you got, something that will be worth the value of JUST ONE of your games you traded it in for. Then you will trade that in. So eventually you have traded hundreds and I mean hundreds of dollars for one game. In other words its worth more for me to keep them than to trade them in. Granted you do lose out on anything you buy that depreciates but 10 to 1 lost just dont add up IMO. Now if someone else bought the games for me or I just have money like that then I wouldnt care.

That leads me to the cost of video games, the price of them hasnt change in the last 20+ years. The were 40 to 50 dollars back in the day so to me they are a little overprice if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »