Home

Funny Game Store Release Stories!!

This is a discussion on Funny Game Store Release Stories!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Funny Game Store Release Stories!!

Do you guys have any funny stories that happened when the game was released? well i sure do....

I get to Gamestop (in HOuston) at about 8:45 pm and i see that there are about 30 people of all shapes and sizes in and out of the store waiting for the game to arrive. They had chips out, candy and had a sorta Madden party thing goin on. I start talking to people and everyone is hyped up for the game especially these two 8 year old boys that had been there for about 4 hours! They were there with their dad who was sick of waiting (he told me he didnt care much about madden). Well the guy behind the counter gets the call that the truck is arriving. This gamestop is in a shopping mall so there is no quick access to the store. So the manager sends a worker to go to the parking lot to pick up the package and he also asked the two young kids to help him out (they were really excited). five minutes later you see the kids running to the store yelling "Its here, its here, YAY!". They put the boxes down and get first in line to pick up their preorder and everyone (including me ) lines up behind them. They were so excited. The manager is opening the boxes and realizes that there are no Gamecube versions and tells the people in the store. At that moment, both of the kids turn completetly pale and at a loss of words. They were about to cry. Then the whole store, including their dad, starts laughing their asses off. HAHA its so funny thinking about it. It looked like they had just lost their mother. So the manager tells another worker to get something for them for free. So the worker picksup two kitkats bars and gives them to the kids and they walk dejected out of the store as their father is laughing in their faces. The kitkats that the worker gave them were given out for free to people waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Funny Game Store Release Stories!!

Thats funny. I feel bad for those kids, but its only a game and they will probably get it tommorow.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:18 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 19

I got one, I got the call that my game would be in at 8, so i get there at 7:50 and get in line, I'm about the 10th person in line. The line keeps growing, and we're still waiting at 8:15....8:20....8:30....then this BIG, BIG guy comes up to the desk pissed as hell that he had been there almost an hour and had not recieved his game. He starts fussing to the guy at the desk, who made the calls saying the game would be there at 8, about how if the game wasnt gonna be there at 8 he didnt need to call him to come up there at 8. The kid is scared to death, as were a few people in line that this guy was gonna start throwing blows or something, he makes the kid call the guy that went to get the games to find out about how much longer it would be before he got there and when he was told 15-20 more min. he tightened his fists like he was getting ready to fight, me and the guy infront of me were like "oh ****", but the dude just turned and went back in the line pissed.

In the end we waited for 55 minutes longer than expected because the games were late getting to where the manager went to pick them up at, so he had to wait for them to come, then we had to wait for him to come with them. That sucked, but I was hoping to see a fight.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami
Do you guys have any funny stories that happened when the game was released? well i sure do....

I get to Gamestop (in HOuston) at about 8:45 pm and i see that there are about 30 people of all shapes and sizes in and out of the store waiting for the game to arrive. They had chips out, candy and had a sorta Madden party thing goin on. I start talking to people and everyone is hyped up for the game especially these two 8 year old boys that had been there for about 4 hours! They were there with their dad who was sick of waiting (he told me he didnt care much about madden). Well the guy behind the counter gets the call that the truck is arriving. This gamestop is in a shopping mall so there is no quick access to the store. So the manager sends a worker to go to the parking lot to pick up the package and he also asked the two young kids to help him out (they were really excited). five minutes later you see the kids running to the store yelling "Its here, its here, YAY!". They put the boxes down and get first in line to pick up their preorder and everyone (including me ) lines up behind them. They were so excited. The manager is opening the boxes and realizes that there are no Gamecube versions and tells the people in the store. At that moment, both of the kids turn completetly pale and at a loss of words. They were about to cry. Then the whole store, including their dad, starts laughing their asses off. HAHA its so funny thinking about it. It looked like they had just lost their mother. So the manager tells another worker to get something for them for free. So the worker picksup two kitkats bars and gives them to the kids and they walk dejected out of the store as their father is laughing in their faces. The kitkats that the worker gave them were given out for free to people waiting.
I feel sorry for those kids because I know how bad it feels when you don't get something you've been waiting for forever, however, that may be the funniest thing I've heard since that Jib Jab video of Bush and Kerry. Ha! Ha!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I got one, I got the call that my game would be in at 8, so i get there at 7:50 and get in line, I'm about the 10th person in line. The line keeps growing, and we're still waiting at 8:15....8:20....8:30....then this BIG, BIG guy comes up to the desk pissed as hell that he had been there almost an hour and had not recieved his game. He starts fussing to the guy at the desk, who made the calls saying the game would be there at 8, about how if the game wasnt gonna be there at 8 he didnt need to call him to come up there at 8. The kid is scared to death, as were a few people in line that this guy was gonna start throwing blows or something, he makes the kid call the guy that went to get the games to find out about how much longer it would be before he got there and when he was told 15-20 more min. he tightened his fists like he was getting ready to fight, me and the guy infront of me were like "oh ****", but the dude just turned and went back in the line pissed.

In the end we waited for 55 minutes longer than expected because the games were late getting to where the manager went to pick them up at, so he had to wait for them to come, then we had to wait for him to come with them. That sucked, but I was hoping to see a fight.
man, it's just a stupid video game...i want to get it as well, picking it up at lunch today, but it's not worth reaming the kid behind the counter about, he had no control over things. Sorry if I sound bitchy, i've just worked in a movie theater, gotten bitched out many times for things I had nothing to do with, and realize that people need to chill a bit. These people are just doing their jobs, they can't make the guy picking up the game drive any faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Wow yeah that first story is hardly funny and I have a feeling that the whole store is going to hell. You can't tell me that all those people laughed at 8 year olds. Wouldn't you cry if your version of Madden 2005 wasn't in there? Damn people.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #7
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey

You were hoping to see a fight? Over a video game? And involving some kid who had no control of the situation whatsoever?

I guess that is the youth of today. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Sounds like a bunch of jerks, trying to make their own lives seem better (waiting in line for a video game, no less...), by making 8 year olds feel bad about themselves for getting excited about a new football game. I can't believe their father was laughing too... We need a license to drive, hunt, fish; Hell, we need a license to open up a lemonade stand. Yet, we'll let anyone be in charge of shaping a human life. Jeez...

*Lerxt gets off his soap box and returns to his football game*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »