Home

Am i the only one

This is a discussion on Am i the only one within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Am i the only one

All i have to say is go over to the espn board s and here them complain about the very big game killers . Thats my last later .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueFootball
kondo stop haing man. espn got the grades it got from websites that played the game in advance. its a great game. sure it has its flaws but madden to. but the flaws in both games are tiny and not game killers. i think both games are a 9 out of 10.. dead even
IMO, the only things I really enjoy about ESPN are the graphics, presentation, and XBL leagues. The DB AI is absolutely horrid. I've played 5 games of Madden and the realistic gameplay blows ESPN out of the water. I played the Falcons, their opening drive was 11 plays, 70 yards for a TD. 10 of those plays were runs, including two designed for Vick. It was great...I played Atlanta in ESPN and Vick had 0 carries for 0 yards.

They are both great games, I just can't stand playing the CPU in ESPN...I can only play it on Live. It's a shame too because it had so much potential.

Madden for Franchise play (and it has a silky smooth feel on XBL also)
ESPN for XBL play

This could all change once the Madden leagues are implemented.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 PM   #27
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
come on condo.. be real man i am here not to start a war of words. i repeat madden is a great game but i am not going to bash espn when its a great tile in its own sense. i mean 9-10 reviews favor espn because its that good. people have to give espn time to grow on them becuase its not madden. i love madden this year i have been playing all day today and yesterday but be real and dont say that madden has better graphics. no player has a real face and the jerseys in dont have holes in them unless u close up on replays to see it. i mean damm whats up with that. but gameplay is what counts and madden is great this year.
If the graphics are better to him then what is the big deal. He may like the graphics more for the way the players move and react and not to what you base your opinions on.

Also, please tell me where 9 out of 10 reviews favor ESPN.

It looks to me as if it is 50-50 with the majority of the reviewers. At least that is what the info at these links tell me:

Madden Reviews

ESPN Reviews

Last edited by SportsTop; 08-10-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #28
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
come on fellas thats stupid of you to say that maddens graphics are better then espn. i am loving madden right now its a great game and i been playing madden for 14 years. but espn is not going back cuz espn has many things better then madden but then again madden does other things better then espn. its a no loose situation with both games.

but the stadiums in espn are much more realistic then madden 2005. i mean i am a die hard giants fan and the giants play in grassy turf not the carpet they gave them in madden. espn gave them the correct turf. and the grass looks nothing like grass in madden. i guess its an xbox thing but i love the stadiums and the lighting but i dont like the grass and i feel that espn has better graphics.

maddens graphics are nice but they are cartoonish the player models are way off but the gameplay is tight and thats what i care for. espn player models are no perfect but they are much better then madden. all in all both great games that are going to take much time from me.. lol enjoy

didn't they chage the filed turf at Giants stadium this year, I thought they did. Because the grass was horrible?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

I too really like Tiburon's graphics/player models, always have. This is also my 2nd year with ESPN and they get the edge in "realistic looking" players. However, that edge is quickly lost when ESPN goes in motion. The game is noticeably stiffer, and like others describe, robotic in nature.

Tiburon's players look like they're actually connected to the ground/turf more so than ESPN's. ESPN's players seem to half skate, having more of a sliding element then EA's game. It's kinda hard to put a finger on it. Except to say EA's motion -capture and game feel more than makes up for any graphical edge that ESPN possesses imo.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #30
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
i know what you said and i am telling you that you are crazy for saying that madden has better graphics then espn when they dont. you are just a fanboy of madden and that blinds you right there. every website and most of the country thinks the same as me that espn has better graphics. i am not saying is a better game. but the graphics and presentation is what makes espn such a great title. the gameplay in espn has some flaws that sega must fix but the gameplay is great and its a great title. madden is great and has great gameplay and its been my favorite game since i was a little kid/ but madden graphics are not bad they are good but not as good as espn.

Stop calling people crazy and stupid.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Honestly graphics do mean a lot to me in these football games and yes I admit player model wise ESPN beats Madden, BUT in football games I need a good franchise mode and honestly thats where Madden makes it up big time. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #32
Rookie

Davel23's Arena

OVR: 3

EA needs to check to see if their players are on steroids. Have you seen the size of Ray Lewis's arms?? His biceps are bigger than his waist They made the arms of most all of the Linemen and Linebackers way too big.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »