Home

What a wonderful addition... the auto-hurdle!

This is a discussion on What a wonderful addition... the auto-hurdle! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #9
Rookie

okieraider's Arena

OVR: 1
Talking Re: What a wonderful addition... the auto-hurdle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Not as stupid as me......I thought I was posting on the ESPN board (it has auto-hurdle too, you know).
The 2k series has had auto hurdle since 2K1. EA should have added this 3 yrs. ago. I cracked up today while watching the Pre- Madden Challenge show and some guy from EA gave kudos to a play tester on suggesting auto hurdle being added to the game. He acted like it was some revolutionary invention by EA.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:46 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What a wonderful addition... the auto-hurdle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieraider
The 2k series has had auto hurdle since 2K1. EA should have added this 3 yrs. ago. I cracked up today while watching the Pre- Madden Challenge show and some guy from EA gave kudos to a play tester on suggesting auto hurdle being added to the game. He acted like it was some revolutionary invention by EA.
Take a look at ESPN's playcalling interface. It's a ripoff of Maddens. And it too should have been done about 3 years ago. Or how about Sega finally integrating momentum ala Madden which also came several years later than it should have. Whats your point?!! Both games are taking what's right about the other and integrating it into their game. It's good for gamers, no reason to pretend as if it's a one way road and make fun of EA; it's ridiculiously childish.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Take a look at ESPN's playcalling interface. It's a ripoff of Maddens. And it too should have been done about 3 years ago. Or how about Sega finally integrating momentum ala Madden which also came several years later than it should have. Whats your point?!! Both games are taking what's right about the other and integrating it into their game. It's good for gamers, no reason to pretend as if it's a one way road and make fun of EA; it's ridiculiously childish.

take it easy man. i saw the fun and joke he was trying to poke fun at madden. obviously you are obsessing a bit because you're so uptight about a "game".

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You're right, I am obsessing. I spend too much time discussing these games (and playing em too). It just really annoys me that people find it "fashionable" to take constant digs at EA Sports. Yes I know they have issues and etc but they also do alot of good for gaming. From reading the forums you'd be hard pressed to believe they publish anything but complete junk and be perplexed as to why anyone would ever buy any of their "crap games" LOL. It's as if everyone simply wants to attack them because they're #1 and its really annoying. They didn't get to be #1 by not offering anything worthwhile.

As for being too obsessed, I think sometimes about taking a vacation but I always find myself thinking "just one quick check on OS" and then like an addict i'm sucked back in to the sleazy world of ESPN and Madden pros and cons.

Last edited by ODogg; 08-11-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:37 AM   #13
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
As for being too obsessed, I think sometimes about taking a vacation but I always find myself thinking "just one quick check on OS" and then like an addict i'm sucked back in to the sleazy world of ESPN and Madden pros and cons.
Aren't we ALL my friend... aren't we all....
Old 08-11-2004, 09:44 AM   #14
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't have the game yet but do you also automatically jump over the O-Line/D-Line when your near the end zone during goal-line plays with this? It'd be great if it does this too cause in '04 I only managed to do that once without even knowing what I pressed.

@nicroni
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 AM   #15
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Just in case yall didn't know, auto swat and auto pass catch are options you can turn on and off. When you go to all madden it turns them off by default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 07:39 AM   #16
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

INFINITELY improves the running game... gone are the days when you have an open field and you "trip" on an LB lying dead on the ground...

Very nice touch EA!
That was easily one of the most infuriating aspects of the running game. Every time it happened I wanted to toss my controller away and scream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »