Home

Why so many def pass-rushers online..

This is a discussion on Why so many def pass-rushers online.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
so you would disconnect from a game because you arent happy with the position your opponent picks to play? bizarre.

I will just ask them before the game starts how they play.

I would never quit. It was just a figure of speech. I guess.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:26 AM   #10
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I dunno, I like to play as a DE because I'm just not that good while playing with a corner or safety. Sometimes I'll switch to a LB, but only when he should be blitzing, in QB Spy, or if I think I can shut down the run more easily doing so.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:30 AM   #11
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I dunno, I like to play as a DE because I'm just not that good while playing with a corner or safety. Sometimes I'll switch to a LB, but only when he should be blitzing, in QB Spy, or if I think I can shut down the run more easily doing so.
thats what i am getting at. I know many people who play a dline position simply because they dont have the necessary skills or reflexes to handle a linebacker's or safety's assignment. Hell up until 2001 with madden, all i played was d-line because i never felt comfortable taking control of a lb and putting him out of position. Takes practice, but i eventually got it. however, i still play dline the first few minutes to see how my opponent plays, what side he likes to attack, etc.

other than those who line up their de out wide, you cannot fault someone for playing the dline and letting the cpu handle the assignments that they cant.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb

You would get beat by 50 in ESPN.... and the odds of winning against a good- too great player in madden would be slim for you also..You better practice.

Did he say Practice.

Practice.........Practice... Whats up with this practice talk?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

nobody said anything about disconnecting, i have sat through just as much garbage as the next guy, the i run with vick types, the bomb to randy moss, the line the defensive up way out to the side, its all a big joke thats makes online pretty much suck except for people you know

also that madden tourney that ea puts on has got to be the biggest freaking joke i have ever seen. i was reading about it thinking it was legit but whoa was i wrong, you could feed a small country on that chese
Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
thats what i am getting at. I know many people who play a dline position simply because they dont have the necessary skills or reflexes to handle a linebacker's or safety's assignment. Hell up until 2001 with madden, all i played was d-line because i never felt comfortable taking control of a lb and putting him out of position. Takes practice, but i eventually got it. however, i still play dline the first few minutes to see how my opponent plays, what side he likes to attack, etc.

other than those who line up their de out wide, you cannot fault someone for playing the dline and letting the cpu handle the assignments that they cant.

I hear ya man...Yet it feels like i'm playing the CPU...Not a human.

You know what I mean?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #15
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgis
I hear ya man...Yet it feels like i'm playing the CPU...Not a human.

You know what I mean?

to an extent. Remember also that the person can take control of the defender to where the ball is being thrown. I wouldnt call it cheese, more like just a less expierienced player. In any case, i think the mentality of it is if you pick a lb or safety, sometimes you will be out of the play ( unless of course you switch to the nearest defneder) however, playing the dline, you always have a shot to make a play.

guess we will just have to agree to disagree

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 11:41 AM   #16
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
its because they are cheesy as hell, and want to try their cheese pass rushing tactics, they have no patience and want a cheese sack every play
Make sure to avoid me in the lobby, then.

Yes - I usually control a DT. Old habits die hard, and I've never felt I had enough control in space. I rely on my defensive playcalling, mainly. I view football as more a chess match than a twitch competition.

And yes, if you are passing, I would like to sack you. And if you are running, I'd like to take you down in the backfield. That's cheese?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »