Home

Why so many def pass-rushers online..

This is a discussion on Why so many def pass-rushers online.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 01:50 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Fine. You wanted an explanation, and you got one.

What's the need to keep taking potshots?

I am not trying to take pop shots.

I just can't understand how these people actully think they are playing the game, and not the CPU.

ANYONE can goto an all-madden room and pass-rush and be sucessful....Do you constitute that as playing or the CPU doing all your work. I'll take the latter.

Again I am not trying to be mean here.

I am sorry I started this now. Just play your game. You paid for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 01:53 PM   #42
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Ok now say I have 7 tackles two-four pass defections and an interception for a touchdown.
So what?

You can't get equal impact with a DL? 7 TKL, 5 TKL For Loss, 1 FF, 1 revovered, 2 tipped balls, and 5 pressures?

I still don't get your point. And I still don't get why the hell you think you're some gaming god because of which player the highlight is under.

Are you just pissed when you get pressured? You don't like someone trying to sack you when you air it out?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:55 PM   #43
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgis
I am not trying to take pop shots.

I just can't understand how these people actully think they are playing the game, and not the CPU.

ANYONE can goto an all-madden room and pass-rush and be sucessful....Do you constitute that as playing or the CPU doing all your work. I'll take the latter.

Again I am not trying to be mean here.

I am sorry I started this now. Just play your game. You paid for it.
here is the difference you are talking about.

a person who uses a pass rusher is using one defensive player to pass rush, or to contain, or whatever. as soon as the ball is released, that person will take over the defender nearest to the ball and have the opportunity to make a play.

you - you play someone in the secondary, and cover a receiver who might not even be the primary receiver. the ball is then thrown, and you switch to the defender nearest to the ball to make a play.

so , in other words, there basically is no difference other than the position you are playing. You are controllling ONE player at a time. Now if you are telling me you can take a safety and basically cover the entire secondary, then you my friend, should be playing in the madden bowl for a chance to win 50,000 dollars.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Exactly. We are all morons who just go "Ugg Ugg Big Hit Wham! OOOOOoOoooOH!!!!"

I am talking about the online community, the amount of straight players for a game like madden 05 is probably less than 30%, more than likely lower than that. This board certainly has some straight members who are in that 30%, but truth is the casual gamer picks the lineman because he is the closest to the quarterback the most often. Again the casual gamer in my opinion is the majority of the madden online community. Its all about a full out blitz, and controlling the linemen for most of these people on every play.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #45
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

People do it because they are just like every other cheeeeeeeser out there - they can't do anything but screw with the game in order to win.

Yeah, shows you have no skill and no brains at all - and that you're lame.

Well done - congrats - you can trick a little box into acting weird...GREAT..

How about this ....... LEARN TO PLAY A LITTLE AND GET A CLUE ......

Online play is so cool in the ability to play your friends all around the world, but inevitably it gets RUINED by idiots that do all this cheeeeeeeeesing garbage because their tiny little brains can't compute anything well enough to take a LB or DB and play real football.

ALL CHEEEEEEEEEESERS SUCK AND I WISH YOU'D ALL GO PLAY NFL BLITZ!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #46
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap0321
People do it because they are just like every other cheeeeeeeser out there - they can't do anything but screw with the game in order to win.

Online play is so cool in the ability to play your friends all around the world, but inevitably it gets RUINED by idiots that do all this cheeeeeeeeesing garbage because their tiny little brains can't compute anything well enough to take a LB or DB and play real football.

dude wtf are you talking about? so now depending on the position a player controls he is a cheeser? now i have literally read everything.

my iq just dropped about 10 points. Thanks

Old 08-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap0321

Well said my man, well said, could not agree more.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
So what?

You can't get equal impact with a DL? 7 TKL, 5 TKL For Loss, 1 FF, 1 revovered, 2 tipped balls, and 5 pressures?

I still don't get your point. And I still don't get why the hell you think you're some gaming god because of which player the highlight is under.

Are you just pissed when you get pressured? You don't like someone trying to sack you when you air it out?

Nah bro....but if you're going to just let the cpu do everything for you...I don't want to play you. Plain and simple. I can play the CPU for that.

I want to feel a human just took my money...

I am 31 and have been playing madden since Genisis...I think I can hold my own, without the need of being the BOMBing passer as you would like to make me out as.

LOL

Come on man?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »