Home

Why so many def pass-rushers online..

This is a discussion on Why so many def pass-rushers online.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 02:15 PM   #65
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

Quote:
HUH? Cheese...What are you talking about man?

I play straight up.
No. You are accusing other players of cheese because they play a different position than you choose to.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

No the question was would you have the balls to call Ray Lewis a cheeser if all he did was play linebacker? Read the statement again and try to follow along next time.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

Asking for someone to be banned a few posts back is absurd, my God, relax. One of the games ncaa,madden, or espn has something limiting the lateral movement of the linemen to remove the old cheese "line up way outside thing", dont know which one, but was happy to see it addressed even if it just helps.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Take more twitch skill, yes.

How about this debate - it takes more football smarts to call a good pass D, rather than have your Safety try to play man on all the eligible recievers?

Yeah I can call a 3-4 drop zone in goaline... I can call nickle man or zone.

I can call dime "double o" on long downs, and pick up the slot or tightend with my saftey..

I don't have to many problems calling a game.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:16 PM   #69
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

More clearly on that - I'd say ANY position on defense takes more skill than a DLineman....

So, if you want to rush with the DL and try to have that be your main tactic of defense - then go ahead - just know that real players don't respect you for it...plain and simple...
Look at it this way, and this is how I explain it to anyone who has a brain.. THINK ABOUT THIS... You rush the DT or DE.. How can I physically counter your rush? I can't take over a LT or RG or TE or even a FB and block you..

RIGHT???

However, if you control a LB, I have the ability to be the HB and make a move to counter whatever you do in trying to tackle me.. If you're a CB or S, I can control either the QB, HB, or WR and counter any move you try and make to stop me.. PLAIN AND SIMPLE - HUMAN PLAYERS CAN'T PHYSICALLY BLOCK YOU, THEREFORE YOU'RE TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT IN TRYING TO OUTPLAY A CPU PLAYER... How much more do I need to water this down for you fools to understand that?

Oh, and Mr. Admin Fossen - I would love to debate X's and O's with you all day, but you couldn't keep up, I bet a million dollars on that. You probably shouldn't go spouting off about how much you think you know. You may want to have a clue who you're comparing yourself to first. Trust me on that one.

You have your opinion about cheeeeesing and about weak play tactics - and I have mine.. Agree to disagree.. but don't tell me you know more about FB than me, because you don't.. PERIOD..

As for this BANNING talk? Why? I have used proper grammar and language, just because I'm animated about something that pisses me off I should get banned? When the rest of you are just as animated if you feel strongly? Shut up. Free speech is free speech - if you want to be part of the debate, great, let's hear it. If not, quit being a baby.

Last edited by sap0321; 08-11-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #70
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72
Thumbs down Re: Why so many def pass-rushers online..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgis
Ok we'll do this...

We'll play in a "PRO room" when I get home from work and you can pass rush all day.. We'll see what happens.

Let's seperate the men from the boys.
Why "PRO?" So you can pass against an idiotic CPU secondary? :y4:

So much for the skill. As they say:

"Put up or shut up"
Old 08-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #71
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
Asking for someone to be banned a few posts back is absurd, my God, relax. One of the games ncaa,madden, or espn has something limiting the lateral movement of the linemen to remove the old cheese "line up way outside thing", dont know which one, but was happy to see it addressed even if it just helps.
that is cheese. moving your linemen around to exploit a known issue is most definitely cheese. The problem here is that it seems that playing the dline will make you a worse player and/or you are a cheeser cause all you want to do is rush the passer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
No. You are accusing other players of cheese because they play a different position than you choose to.

Lighten up guys...I didn't intend for this to be some adolecent pis5ing match..

Like I said, I will play on pro difficulty with all you pass rushers. We'll see how you guys fair.

Anyone game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »