Home

Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

This is a discussion on Biggest Madden 2005 Problems within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

ol on running plays is still shoddy.. Run to the outside & you'll get stuffed with a loss or no gain on most accounts..
Old 08-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

What's up Spin. I remember when we were discussing your take on Madden and Espn over in the espn forum, and I challenged you to be as diligent in finding problems with madden as you were with espn, well, you are a man of your word. Also, to be clear, I liked your review of espn and its comparison to madden, I just didn't agree with your conclusion, that's all. You are a cool kat.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:03 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There may not be anything that can(or will I should say) be done during this generation due to the Tiburon game engine but the collision detection/player interaction triggers is the number one thing. The game needs about 10,000 more animations(I sure the hardware can't handle it and still be fluid) Many of the issues that we think of as A.I. flaws are in reality animation deficits.
For example, often one of my olinemen will just slide off to the side of a dline man and be frozen in place while The DE blows the RB up in the backfield. The game is missing all the mirco animations of the olinmen slipping a little getting off balance desperately trying to hustle back(pushing, clutching, grabing) and catch up to his man. Instead he's just stands there like a statue seeming to be oblivious to the play. The proximity triggered tackling has got to go. The worse is when the olineman just get a piece of a defender and knocks him off balance as my RB goes by him if my RB get too close to him he will cast inertia to the wind and instantaneously recover and tackle the RB. All the morphing and clipping and gliding are the "outs" the developers have to take to compensate for a lack of animations

I know ever year EA needs a marketable BIG IDEA every year, but next year I would love to see "This year if IT"S IN THE GAME IT'S REALLY IN THE GAME-10,000 NEW INGAME ANIMATIONS

So EA just add as many animations as you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
What's up Spin. I remember when we were discussing your take on Madden and Espn over in the espn forum, and I challenged you to be as diligent in finding problems with madden as you were with espn, well, you are a man of your word. Also, to be clear, I liked your review of espn and its comparison to madden, I just didn't agree with your conclusion, that's all. You are a cool kat.
Um, yeah. As I said about a hundred times on that thread, the whole point of my web site is to find problems with Madden. Apparently you guys never figured that out, though I think it's pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, all is forgiven, take care.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:34 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question Re: Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

So let me get this straight, there is a way to do something in the menus for me to hit one button from the playcall screen to sub RB's or WR's like in ESPN??
Old 08-11-2004, 05:39 PM   #14
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by noska76
So let me get this straight, there is a way to do something in the menus for me to hit one button from the playcall screen to sub RB's or WR's like in ESPN??
I'm not sure how ESPN works but this is possible in madden.

It's done through packages which are basically different combinations of player subs. There are some already in the game such as "Spell HB" which subs your backup RB or you can create your own.

You can utilize the packages from the play call screen by pressing circle(ps2) and scrolling through them before you select your play.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:43 PM   #15
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I'm not sure how ESPN works but this is possible in madden.

It's done through packages which are basically different combinations of player subs. There are some already in the game such as "Spell HB" which subs your backup RB or you can create your own.

You can utilize the packages from the play call screen by pressing circle(ps2) and scrolling through them before you select your play.
Wasn't this first initiated in last year's Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

anyone know the xbox button that does this???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »