Home

Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

This is a discussion on Biggest Madden 2005 Problems within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin16
You can't just throw any old fly route and have it work. You need to find a speed or awareness mismatch.

Try running a 3-WR set with a fast (92+) player in the slot in practice mode, and have the defense call a play that mans the safety on him with no help. When that safety creeps up to the line, get ready to go deep. Wait til the guy gets a couple steps on him, then fire.
Have you tried leading the receiver with the premium passing. I have found this to work in both Madden and NCAA.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:03 PM   #34
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin16
You can't just throw any old fly route and have it work. You need to find a speed or awareness mismatch.

Try running a 3-WR set with a fast (92+) player in the slot in practice mode, and have the defense call a play that mans the safety on him with no help. When that safety creeps up to the line, get ready to go deep. Wait til the guy gets a couple steps on him, then fire.

Randy Moss shouldn't have to be matched up with a nickleback or safety to scorch his man on a go route with no safety help. Fly patterns no longer work. Period.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking Re: Biggest Madden 2005 Problems

I use the Vikes everytime. i complete at least 2 per game. you need to get one on one with a corner. do this by either running effectively or play action passing. just last game online against a dude with TB, i completed one 40 yard and one 60 yard bomb with moss. the key is stepping up in the pocket and waiting till he has a step on the defender. if its not working for everyone thats good because the homos who use to drop and bomb it everytime cant. you have to actually do it like the real players do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 9

you can't change the default controls. I like having my "switch man" button as the "O" button but you can't change it, it's always "X". One step forward, two steps back as with every year.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #37
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by noska76
I use the Vikes everytime. i complete at least 2 per game. you need to get one on one with a corner. do this by either running effectively or play action passing. just last game online against a dude with TB, i completed one 40 yard and one 60 yard bomb with moss. the key is stepping up in the pocket and waiting till he has a step on the defender. if its not working for everyone thats good because the homos who use to drop and bomb it everytime cant. you have to actually do it like the real players do.
My one friend tried everything against me. He's a true bombadier, but he couldn't get seperation on anyone. Maybe he just sux though...heh heh. I'm glad Madden finally makes it rough on cheesers.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #38
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

honestly, it feels like madden 2004 with small improved graphics and more defensive options.

The animations feel the same as 2004 and it may flow more smoother than espn, but espn makes me feel like I'm playing in a real nfl game with their animations, options, etc.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #39
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Randy Moss shouldn't have to be matched up with a nickleback or safety to scorch his man on a go route with no safety help. Fly patterns no longer work. Period.

Beleive me they work, **** i can even beat the best db's on a fly route i think its all about the users skill and judgement

I bombed on tylaw twice with palmer to johnson
Old 08-12-2004, 12:08 AM   #40
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
honestly, it feels like madden 2004 with small improved graphics and more defensive options.

The animations feel the same as 2004 and it may flow more smoother than espn, but espn makes me feel like I'm playing in a real nfl game with their animations, options, etc.
Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »